Recurring Event Instances Not Being Created Consistently

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurring Event Instances Not Being Created Consistently

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Barry
    Participant

I don’t know what to say I’m tearing my hair out here.

When creating recurrences of a single event, the recurrences are not being created consistently.

Barry
    Participant

Here’s an example of an event the is working somewhat correctly.

You can see that the event is set up to occur on the following dates and times.

Friday, 12/16/16 at 7pm
    Friday, 12/16/16 at 9pm
    Saturday, 12/17/16 at 7pm
    Saturday, 12/17/16 at 9pm
    Sunday, 12/18/16 at 5:30pm
    Sunday, 12/18/16 at 7:30pm

All recurrences show up correctly except the Friday 9pm occurrence.

Barry
    Participant

Here is an example of an event that is set up similarly to the above, but is working differently.

The event is set up to occur on the following dates/times:

Friday, 12/9/16 at 7pm
    Friday, 12/9/16 at 9pm
    Saturday, 12/10/16 at 7pm
    Saturday, 12/10/16 at 9pm
    Sunday, 12/11/16 at 5:30pm
    Sunday, 12/11/16 at 7:30pm

The only recurrences that show up are:

Friday, 12/9/16 at 7pm
    Saturday, 12/10/16 at 7pm
    Saturday, 12/10/16 at 9pm
    Sunday, 12/11/16 at 5:30pm

Why would this be?

I am extremely frustrated with this set of plugins (we have EC Pro and Events Tickets Plus). I have poured countless hours into making this a working solution for a client and they are not happy with how things work. I’m beyond disappointed at the bugs and limiatations we’ve encountered. We’ve lost a ton of money on this project because of these plugins.

Hunter

Hey Matthew,

Before I attempt to reproduce your issue, can you send over your System Information as a private reply?

Thanks and have a good day. Cheers!

Barry
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

Matthew,

Thank you for sharing that info with me. I recently located a report aimed at addressing the issue you’re currently experiencing. Recurring events in the same series happening on the same day, but different times are not being saved properly.

We are nearing a release for this issue, so please stay tuned to our Release Notes and the plugin changelogs for more info. It is set to be included in the next release!

Sorry we can’t do more in the mean time and let me know if you have any additional questions or comments. Cheers!

Barry
    Participant

That’s good news and a relief to hear! Thank you!!

Here’s to hoping that release comes sooner rather than later 😉

Hunter

Thank you for your understanding on the matter! I have a good feeling it’ll be out shortly! Have a great weekend and thanks again!

Nico

Hi there!

Just wanted to share with you that a major release of our plugins is out, which now includes this feature 🙂

Find out more about the release → https://theeventscalendar.com/things-to-be-aware-of-in-version-4-4-of-the-events-calendar-event-tickets-and-premium-add-ons/

Best,
    Nico

Barry
    Participant

This is great…kind of.

The interface is much improved for single event recurrences. And the display of multiple occurrences on a single day is working…except for the very first day of the event.

For example: if I set up the first day of an event to be on 1/13/17 at 7pm, then set up a recurrence on the same day at a different time (e.g. 1/13/17 at 8:45pm), it is not created.

Please help!

Hunter

Hey Matthew,

Thank you for the update. I can confirm the plugin is not creating the second event in a series when attempting to create a series of two events on the same date at different times. I’ve updated the existing ticket with this information and once I hear back, I’ll update this thread with what I learn.

Sorry things still aren’t working properly and thanks for hanging in there while we get everything squared away. Cheers 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurring Event Instances Not Being Created Consistently’ is closed to new replies.