Recurrent imports not working (google calendar)?

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Recurrent imports not working (google calendar)?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Dominik
    Participant

Hello!

We have a massiv problem with the iCal imported. It seems it is not importing all the events.

Is it possible, that the plugin is not importing recurrent events? I checked the ical file my self and I can find the event. As the dates I see the following:

END:VEVENT
    BEGIN:VEVENT
    DTSTART;TZID=Europe/Berlin:20160420T191500
    DTEND;TZID=Europe/Berlin:20160420T200000
    RRULE:FREQ=WEEKLY;UNTIL=20160704T171500Z;BYDAY=MO,WE
    EXDATE;TZID=Europe/Berlin:20160504T191500
    EXDATE;TZID=Europe/Berlin:20160601T191500
    EXDATE;TZID=Europe/Berlin:20160525T191500
    DTSTAMP:20160509T100629Z

Unfortunately, the event is not showing up, nor any of the recurrent events (like the one at the 25th of may).
    Is this a bug? How can we fix it?

Cheers,
    Dom from rocket.works

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Dominik,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this problem, this is indeed unfortunate.

I will start looking into the issue. Meanwhile, to help me further I would like to ask you to submit your system information, based on this article.

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Also, did you try to check for any plugin conflicts? Here is a guide for that as well.

Cheers,
    Andras

Dominik
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hallo Dominik,

Thanks for sharing the info!

I did some digging and this sounds like a pretty similar issue to another recent one.

Basically how the plugins works is once you import an event via iCal importer and then delete it the system stores a “note” so that deleted events are not re-imported (as this would be the desired behavior for most cases and for automatic imports as well).

We posted a solution which worked for that customer. You can find it here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/cant-re-import-same-events-from-ical-feed-after-importing-and-deleting-them/

Please check and try if it solves your problem, and let me know.

Cheers,
    Andras

Dominik
    Participant

Hello!

Sorry for the delayed reply.
    I tried the little script and ran over it a couple of times (so every deleted event, should be removed).
    Unfortunately, this is not fixing the problem. The ical importer still doesn’t import the events.

No event “Austrianer Abend” is showing up.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Dominik,

No problem with the delay and thanks for getting back.

We have found an error in the snippet, due to which not all trashed / deleted events were successfully removed from the database. So there is still hope. 🙂

Please remove the previous version and use this instead in your functions.php file. Note, if you already have an opening <?php  tag, in the file, then you don’t need to copy that from here.

<?php
    /*
    * Deletes the saved copy of "deleted" events generated by iCal Importer
    * This allows you to re-import events. The script deletes 50 instances per page load
    * Code by Nico; enhancement by Andras
    */
    function del_deleted_events () {
    $posts = get_posts( array( 'post_type'=>'deleted_event', "posts_per_page" => 50, 'post_status' => 'trash', ) );
    if (!empty($posts)) {
    foreach ($posts as $post) {
    wp_delete_post( $post->ID, true);
    }
    echo '<p style="background-color:yellow;z-index:1;text-align:right;">50 deleted events removed, refresh again</p>';
    } else {
    echo '<p style="background-color:yellow;z-index:1;text-align:right;">Done deleting!</p>';
    }
    }
    add_action( 'admin_init', 'del_deleted_events' );

Sorry for the extra round. I really do hope this will solve the glitch. Please let me know, I’ll be here in case further action is needed.

Cheers,
    Andras

Dominik
    Participant

Hello!

The issue still exists. I tried the new snipped and got “Done deleting”.
    I also regenreated the ical links and deleted the import old import taks and created new ones.

In the list that appear, before you save the tasks, I can see the missing events, but after I save the task and run it, no events are getting imported (I get something like “found 35 events, no event was imported”).

It seems there is something really broken.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Dominik,

I hear you. This is a frustrating issue.

I’ll try to check with my teammates if anybody else has seen this or has a solution. I kindly ask for your patience, it shouldn’t take too long.

Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi again,

I see you are using WPML. One of my colleagues pointed out that it could cause a problem with the import. Modern Tribe plugins might work together with multilingual plugins, however they are officially not supporting them.

Could you try to disable all WPML plugins, flush the database with the above snippet, and try the import again, if that helps?

Andras

Dominik
    Participant

I tested it and still the same. It tells me there are 35 events but 0 got imported.

Cheers,
    Dom

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Dominik,

I tested again the import and it all works fine for me. This is how I did it on a fresh install with a default theme and only the required Modern Tribe plugins:

1. Import iCal file. One-Time Import. Source .ics file. Select a date 1 year ago (2015-05-23). Click ‘Search’. 35 events found. Click Import All.
    2. Go to admin > Events and confirm, all 35 items are there.
    3. Select all and bulk delete. (Tested importing here, didn’t work, as it shouldn’t.)
    4. Then empty trash. (Tested importing here, didn’t work, as it shouldn’t.)
    5. Enable the above snippet and refresh any admin page until “Done deleting!”. Then disable snippet.
    6. Do step 1 again and then step 2. to confirm all events have been imported properly.

Did you try the same steps as well?

Also note, one of our developers is also going to take a look at it in the coming days to check if he finds anything unusual.

Cheers,
    Andras

Dominik
    Participant

Hello!

The only think that I didn’t do was the one time import.

We need to have a recurrent import of the events (if possible every 30 minutes).
    I did a one time import at the beginning of the project (out of a file), but then created a new recurrent import (of 30 minutes) with a new iCal URL.

Cheers,
    Dom

Andras
    Keymaster

Ok, I’ll check that internally if that could be a problem. It could possibly cause a hiccup. Will keep you posted.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Dominik,

This is to let you know, our devs are working on this issue.

I am going to close this ticket to new replies, but the issue is still open and we will update this ticket once we release a fix.

If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and reference this one.

Thanks,
    Andras

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurrent imports not working (google calendar)?’ is closed to new replies.