Recurrence rules and options not displaying in Edit Event

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurrence rules and options not displaying in Edit Event

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Matthew
    Participant

This reply is private.

Matthew
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

I hope you’re having a better day than I am. I tried deactivating all the plugins again, but I don’t think it’s a plugin conflict as the problem still persists.

I also went into Chrome’s developer tools and screen captured the console after trying to depress the recurrence button once again (see attached image file).

The same issue with the featured image, datepicker, recurrence rule etc. occurs even after the theme support corrected the events conflict by disconnecting their events plugin altogether on their end.

If this is a compatibility issue, and we can’t get it sorted then I’d prefer a refund and rather try something else instead. It would be such a shame though as this is a rockin plugin 🙁

Thank you kindly

Geoff B.

Good evening Matthew,

I am sorry that you are having a rough time sorting this through.
    Hopefully this is only a temporary situation.

With that in mind, let’s recap what we know for sure:

• This issue is specific to your WordPress theme. We confirmed that from the fact that all works as expected with a default WordPress theme. As you can imagine, although we do try to make our plugins compatible with the most amount of themes possible, sometimes that does not work for a variety of reasons.
    • By the nature of your issues, it looks like some form of Javascript conflict either stemming from the theme itself and/or from TS Custom Posts which is required to run your theme.

Either way, disabling the built-in Event functionality of your theme will most likely not work.
    I am pretty sure a fix would require some Javacript troubleshooting and a conditional to prevent certain methods used by the theme to try to control the tribe_events custom post type.

In the end, this leaves you with a couple of options:

• Change WordPress theme for one that observes WordPress best coding practices and loop to the letter. Save a few of them, our plugins usually work great with the vast majority of themes out there.
    • Get a refund if you want one, since you are within 30 days of your purchase. To obtain the refund, you just need to follow the procedure described here.

I am so sorry you unfortunately encountered such a theme conflict. I wish you had the same great experience as most of our customers.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurrence rules and options not displaying in Edit Event’ is closed to new replies.