Recurrence rules and options not displaying in Edit Event

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurrence rules and options not displaying in Edit Event

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Matthew
    Participant

Same thing is happening with me. I’ve done a lot of work to the site, but I haven’t saved a backup yet so testing theme conflict is out of the question right now. Any help would be appreciated.

Geoff B.

Good evening Matthew and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the issues you have been experiencing with Recurrence rules.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

By the looks of it, there is some type of conflict at play, either with another plugin, your WordPress theme or a template customization.

You are right, you should backup everything before running any test.

Perhaps with a maintenance / coming soon plugin active, you could try the following:

1. Deactivate all other plugins to see if the issue persists
    2. Look at the Google console in that page to see if the recurrence rule is hidden by CSS
    3. Look at the Google console in that page to see if there are any errors

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Matthew
    Participant

This reply is private.

Matthew
    Participant

This reply is private.

Matthew
    Participant

This reply is private.

Matthew
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

So I backed up my site and proceeded to check whether it was a theme (VideoFly) conflict which sadly it was. After switching to the TwentyFifteen theme everything worked perfectly even with all the plugins that I have installed activated.

Is there any way we can get this to work??

Geoff B.

Good evening Matthew,

Thank you for writing back and for going through those tests.

I am glad that you managed to identify the culprit.
    There is a chance that you could get this theme to work by:

• Removing any Events Calendar template customization found in it
    • Updating the template customizations so that they do not break

Just to set expectations, as you might know, the scope of our support is mostly to get our customers started on the right track and to help them in case of issues. We unfortunately do not provide complete support for customization.

But, if this is beyond your zone of comfort, I can offer to at least remove the customizations for you provided you can send me a link to a .zip file of your WordPress theme AND/OR child theme.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Matthew
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Dear Matt,

Thank you for the good words and the files.
    Unfortunately, it seems like there are several files missing from the theme files you sent me:

• /includes/widgets/
    • /required-plugins/
    • etc..

Could you please resend a link to a complete copy ?

if there were ever to be an upload to update this theme that we are currently using, would that not delete all the changes?

Yes, that is correct.

This is why we always recommend:

• Making a backup of everything
    • Preferably use a child-theme to do customizations
    • Trying updates on a test/staging server or on a local install to avoid surprises

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Matthew
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Hey Matthew,

No worries.

Normally these extra folders should be in the Videofly WordPress theme itself.
    Perhaps these were simply not part of the .zip you provided me with ?

Let me know what you find out ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Matthew
    Participant

Hey Geoff,

I am making this my priority on Monday. Have a great weekend and thanks again for all your help.

Geoff B.

Good evening Matthew,

Alright, that sounds like a great plan.

I am glad to help, this is what we are here for!

Have a good week-end,

Geoff B.

Matthew
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Matthew,

If that helps, I am also noticing that you do not have the latest version of your theme (they are now at version 1.0.2).

The support person from that theme is right, TS Custom Posts is interfering with our plugin on many levels: featured image, datepicker, recurrence rule.
    He has the right approach. You need to find a way to make sure TS Custom Posts stays away from our plugin’s post type.

For the record, the actual custom post type to be ignored is ‘tribe_events’ and not ‘event’.
    I went ahead and tried that fix in the plugin’s code with the current version, but that doesn’t seem to cut it.

I think it would be worth it to try it with the latest version of the theme and to relay the correct post type taxonomy to the plugin author.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurrence rules and options not displaying in Edit Event’ is closed to new replies.