Recurrence on the same day – bugging like crazy

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Recurrence on the same day – bugging like crazy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Barbara
    Participant

When digging through the forums, it looks like recurrence on the same day has never worked properly… There is one thread still on Pending Fix status, but doesn’t fully describe what’s wrong with this feature:
    -> I have created an event that occurs four times per week, twice on Monday and twice on Thursday
    -> On the initial day (Monday), only the first of the two occurrences shows up in the Month view. This goes on and on through the months to follow (the second recurrence on Monday just never shows up)
    -> On the second day (Thursday in this instance), both events are created, but only the first link works (http://www.triggr.nu/agenda/yoga/2017-01-12/). The second link refers to http://www.triggr.nu/agenda/yoga/2017-01-12/2/, which results in a 404 error

This is very frustrating, as we are selling tickets through the recurring events and want to have one global overview of all tickets sold. Having to workaround this means two separate lists of attendees, which is specifically annoying. Please provide insight in how far fixing this issue has progressed.

Thanks,
    Hans

George
    Participant

Hey Hans,

Recurrence within one day is not currently supported by our plugins. Bugs will arise and it indeed does not work completely at this time.

The best course of action in your case would be to create two sets of recurring events:

1. The first recurring event has its first event be the first Monday event, and its second event be the first Thursday event.

2. The second recurring event would have its first event be the second Monday event, and its second event be the second Thursday event.

☝️ This will create 4 events: 2 on Monday, 2 on Thursday.

It is otherwise not possible with our recurrence patterns at this time.

Sorry to disappoint! Please let me know if there are any other issues or questions I can try to help with.

Barbara
    Participant

Hi George,

Thanks for your swift reply! However, I’m somewhat persisting as in other threads time after time it was reported by the support team that this indeed was supported and logged as a bug. For reference, see https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/recurrence-rules-feature/

Thanks,
    Hans

Barbara
    Participant

See https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/bug-recurring-events-on-the-same-day-dont-have-seperate-pages/ as well, a thread I posted earlier this year. I know for sure that this feature worked before, with just one bug (the recurring event wouldn’t show up on the FIRST day of the total series, so the first Monday of the series would just contain 1 event. Each Monday after that though worked fine with both events listed. Also, both event links on the second day worked fine!

George
    Participant

Hey Hans,

Thanks for your follow-ups here, and for your patience with my slightly-delayed reply here — you are not wrong that this is something we want to support. However, check out Cliff’s last reply in this thread that you linked to — you’ll see that he says, on October 4, “I cannot speculate as to when it might be fixed, but it will at least be ‘weeks’.”

It’s indeed only been a few weeks since that comment, and I’m sad to report that we still do not support recurrence on the same day.

Sorry to bear this news, Hans! Please let me know if there are any other issues or questions I can try to help with.

— George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Recurrence on the same day – bugging like crazy’ is closed to new replies.