Recently purchased products now failing, unable to install required updates

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Recently purchased products now failing, unable to install required updates

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mark Alderton
    Participant

Hello,

In April 2015 I purchased Events Cal Pro together with Wootickets and Wootickets is now failing on-page and both plugins now require updating as per my Plugins page in WordPress. However, no typical ‘Update Now’ button is available next to these plugins as listed on the WordPress plugins page.

A message at the top of my WordPress Plugins page reads: “There is an update available for The Events Calendar PRO but your license key is out of installs. Visit the Modern Tribe website to manage your installs, upgrade your license, or purchase a new one.” (Another message reads same for Wootickets.) I don’t understand the message as both these plugins are installed on only one website and were purchased only last April. My license keys are also provided below.

I’m on Wootickets version 3.9 but an attempt at downloading the current 3.10 version from your website and uploading in WordPress then failed. This fix pertained to my on-page error and was described in your forums by your staff as a need to update to v. 3.10. And that suggestion on your site can be found here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/woocommerce-tickets-not-showing-at-front-end/

My Wootickets error on my page can be viewed here: http://southcoastbotanicgarden.org/event/new-rose-lavender-and-more-healing-with-flowers/ Please find it right below event’s Google map. Please note: In May I moved the location of the Wootickets element on-page by following one of your site’s support threads on the topic. It worked successfully at that time.

Error discovery/time-frame: This issue was only brought to my attention on 06/26/15 and was likely occurring on or after mid June.

*license keys removed. Please do not post license keys in public threads.

Thanks sincerely for your help.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by Brian.
    • This topic was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by Geoff.
    Mark Alderton
    Participant

Please know that we have since deactivated the Wootickets plugin until this issue is resolved. Now you will not see an example of my on-page error as stated in my initial post. Here’s a pasted copy of the on-page error when the plugin is active:

Warning: include(/home/wwwscbg/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wootickets/src/views/wootickets/tickets.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wwwscbg/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wootickets/classes/class-wootickets.php on line 485

Warning: include(): Failed opening ‘/home/wwwscbg/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wootickets/src/views/wootickets/tickets.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/opt/php54/lib/php’) in /home/wwwscbg/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wootickets/classes/class-wootickets.php on line 485

Geoff

Hi Mark, thanks for getting in touch and sorry for the trouble here!

Let’s start here first:

A message at the top of my WordPress Plugins page reads: โ€œThere is an update available for The Events Calendar PRO but your license key is out of installs.

This message can sometimes pop up if you recently changed domains (but did not change the domain in the account settings on this site) or if happen to have the plugin installed and linked up to a development or staging site in addition to the one having the issue. Is it possible either of these scenarios are happening?

Iโ€™m on Wootickets version 3.9 but an attempt at downloading the current 3.10 version from your website and uploading in WordPress then failed.

I wonder if there’s a permissions issue here that is preventing the updates from properly uploading. Please try manually updating the plugins via FTP to see if that works for you. Here’s a tutorial that outlines the steps.

Once you’re up and running with your license keys and updated plugins, I’m hoping we’ll see an improvement so let’s start here and see what we find. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Mark Alderton
    Participant

Thanks Geoff, your suggestions worked. Issue solved.

For anyone’s future reference,

Our site was in re-development on a new destination server during the initial installation of these plugins and during the domain association of their license keys. We were developing with an IP based URL, not the proper corporate domain name. Overlooked by us, when we installed the plugins the Tribe system automatically attached our keys to the work-in-progress IP based URL. We then failed to revise this setting in our Tribe Events licenses page post-launch.

A couple months after our launch (and domain name DNS modification,) Tribe’s recent updates then occurred naturally. But their system was still identifying our keys with the old IP based URL and thus not allowing plugin updates to occur in WordPress properly. It stated we were out of installs (thinking we were attempting to install on multiple domains.)

SOLUTION:
    We disconnected the license keys in our Tribe license key settings, we then deactivated and reactivated the plugins in WordPress. The plugins reattached themselves to the license keys, in Tribe the keys then reflected the proper domain name for our site, we were then able to update our plugins in the usual “Update Now” technique on the Plugins page in WordPress.

Tested and solved.

Tip – When plugins fail you might have purposely deactivated them until a solution is offered. Make sure these plugins are activated in WordPress before this restoration effort to properly trigger the WordPress “Update Now” prompts and also the license key attachment between WordPress and Tribe.

Tip – In this scenario, update Events Cal Pro first, before updating WooCommerce Tickets.

Geoff

Woohoo, that’s great Mark! Thanks so much for confirming as well as sharing your tips here. This is an awesome write-up and I’m sure others will find it super useful. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers,
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Recently purchased products now failing, unable to install required updates’ is closed to new replies.