Reccurring event won't work after I updated to 3.11

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Reccurring event won't work after I updated to 3.11

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Steffen
    Participant

Hi!
    I’ve updated to your 3.11 version, and was truely excited about it. I was then supposed to change the featured image for a recurring event and save it, suddenly it was only showing the first instance of those recurring events. I tried to create a new event and put in the same info, same image, and make it recur, but also now I’m only getting the first instance. I have one event that’s still recurring, but haven’t edited that yet. This is kind of a big issue, cause I’m desperat need for that feature 🙁
    Btw, got an email that my WordPress site had automaticly been updated to 4.2.3, so this may be a part of the problem, but really dont know.

R
    Participant

I have the same problem and my WordPress version is not equipped with 4.2.3. I also hope it will be resolved soon

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues here. I can troubleshoot these with you.

I attempted to recreate the issue on my website. I created a new recurring event set to weekly for 4 weeks and it worked for me.

I then went in and edited the first instance of that event and did not see any issues there either. So it does not look like an obvious bug, but lets get to the bottom of this.

A Couple questions:

Do you have WP Cron disabled on your site?

And what is the recurrence pattern you are using? (weekly? and it ends when?)

Also please provide your system information as outlined in this article in a private reply:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Let me know.

Thanks

And Hi R,

Thanks for posting here. I can certainly help you here, but we can help you better if you create your own topic in the forum, where we can interact with you one on one. Also, we encourage you to post on your own topic because every time we post it will email the author of the topic.

In the new topic please outline the exact steps you take and provide as much detail as you can on what happens so we can help out.

Thanks

Steffen
    Participant

This reply is private.

Steffen
    Participant

Hi Brian!
    Sry for late respons. I’m not familiar with WP Cron. The pattern was supposed to be weekly.

// Steffen

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Steffen,

Thanks for the information.

If the WP Cron is only running weekly that could be the issue as we schedule the recurring changes to happen when the WordPress cron runs so it is done in the background.

We made this change as some sites with large amounts of recurring events would timeout.

In your wp-config.php in the root directory of your site how is this constant defined:

define(‘DISABLE_WP_CRON’, false);

Let me know and we can go from here.

Thanks

Steffen
    Participant

In the wp-config.php the define(‘DISABLE_WP_CRON’, false); is not defined at all. In other words it does not exist in that document at all.

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok thanks for the info.

So the wp cron should be working then.

Can you provide links in a private reply to the recurring events that are not working now and then a link to the one that is.

I visited your site, but not sure what was made before and was is new and not working.

Sorry for the delays on this, but I am not seeing another other reports on this so it is unclear what the issue is.

Thanks

Steffen
    Participant

I you go to http://ptb.no/beta/hendelser/2015-08/ you will get events named “Gudstjeneste” and “Fredagskirke”. Those are both recurring every week. I havn’t edited “Fredagskirke” since that update, and that’s why it still works. I tried just now to delete that previous “Gudstjeneste”-event and made a new one, but as you see it won’t recurr.
    Thanks for being patient! 🙂

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by Steffen.
    Brian
    Keymaster

Ok thanks.

That helps. I see the one event you have not edited that is working and the other that is not working.

Could you include all the recurrence settings you have for that event that is not working?

The settings I am looking for are all in the area displayed by this image:

Recurrence pattern end dates can be exclusive, inclusive or never-ending

Let me know and I will test that out and go from here.

Thanks

Steffen
    Participant

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for providing that.

I think I found the issue and it does appear to be a bug.

It appears the date format day/month/year in the end on recurrence field is causing the problem. Your date is 20/12/2015

When I had it set to the same format I would only get the first event created.

I am not sure if it is all of the datepicker settings with day first, but changing this setting:

Events > Settings > Display Tab > “Datepicker Date Format” to 01/15/2015

Resolved the issue for me.

Although that is not ideal it does enable the recurrence to work.

If you would rather not change the format setting you could try setting On to After in the dropdown and then count how many weeks you need the event and put that number there.

Let me know if either of those work for you.

Thanks

David Jannetta
    Participant

We have found the same issue and specifying the number of occurrences was the work around we used. Doesn’t like European dates.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi alzheimesdementiasupport

Thanks for letting us know it is not working for you with Day First Formats and that using the number of occurrences is a work around.

We have a bug ticket in the system to address this and we will update this thread once we have a release ready.

Thanks

Steffen
    Participant

Hi Brian.
    Sry for being late. After chaning the date format as you suggested it did work right away. Fantastic! Sure, it’s not optimal, but it’s better to have the events recurr 🙂 Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Reccurring event won't work after I updated to 3.11’ is closed to new replies.