question- about woocommere ticket cart

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus question- about woocommere ticket cart

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Rochelle Fisher
    Participant

I am setting up a Free event with Woo-commerce tickets, I also have it set up to reoccur 4 times.

after I select 1 ticket then ADD TO CART- the next display says there is nothing in the Cart???

Not sure what I am doing wrong. I have reviewed the set up for products settings and have Simplify Commerce as the payment processor.

Any suggestions on what I have set up incorrectly?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having I can help out.

We currently, do not support ticket creation in recurring events. It is possible to create the events and then edit each event to add tickets to it.

Otherwise if you create a recurring event series and tickets with it at the start all the tickets will be assigned to the first event. That is what it means by this message on the ticket edit form in the event “Currently, WooTickets will only show up on the frontend once per full event. For PRO users this means the same ticket will appear across all events in the series. Please configure your events accordingly.”

However, regardless of that the tickets should still go to the cart.

Can you please follow our testing for conflicts guide and see if that can find a conflict and we can go from here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/

Thanks

Rochelle Fisher
    Participant

OK so I have tried to sign up for the free event as it was set up originally and now there is no place to select the number of tickets. This is in Theme- “Twenty Thirteen” I am about to switch back to my original theme and will test again but my guess is the idea is that it would be working in the TWenty Thirteen theme.

Rochelle Fisher
    Participant

Ok the cart worked in Twenty Thirteen until I click proceed to check out. Then I got this error message.

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from yogaofthemind.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Rochelle Fisher
    Participant

the cart is working. I have couple more questions. So if I use reoccurring events-

Will reoccurring events have the current event date on the event ticket or will it only have the first event date in all events in the series?

Now I do not understand why when a transaction is complete a confirmation email is not being sent. Again I have been through the email tab in settings and it seems like I have it set up. But I am thinking that I may need to create the actual email templete which I do not know how to do and then connect it to my events???

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

It sounds like you have the cart working correct?

As for your other questions:

Will reoccurring events have the current event date on the event ticket or will it only have the first event date in all events in the series?

It will be the first event in the series.

Now I do not understand why when a transaction is complete a confirmation email is not being sent. Again I have been through the email tab in settings and it seems like I have it set up. But I am thinking that I may need to create the actual email templete which I do not know how to do and then connect it to my events???

Is this the WooCommerce Order Email or the ticket email? The Ticket Email is sent after an order is marked complete. This is a manual process in WooCommerce, but you could add this coding to Autocomplete orders:

http://docs.woothemes.com/document/automatically-complete-orders/

If no emails are being sent from your WordPress install then you would have to look into adding a plugin to send emails by smtp or another service.

I have used this plugin in the past to send emails from my WordPress install and it worked well.

Let me know.

Thanks

Rochelle Fisher
    Participant

Thanks for this info. Very good.

Ok I have gone to orders in WooCommerce and checked each transaction as complete manually. Should the person ordering the ticket be getting an order confirmation email now?

If so where can I customize the confirmation email with my own copy?

Another question. Zapier service between Woocommerce and The events on the calendar.

I have created the zapier. Installed the Webhook. But do not see how to connect the zapier with the event in your part of the process? any suggestions?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yep each person should get a order email and a ticket email now when they order.

The order email is controlled by WooCommerce and that is where you can customize it.

The ticket email can be modified following our themer’s guide:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

To edit this template in your theme:

the-events-calendar\src\views\tickets\email.php

As for the Zapier and WooCommerce, George has responded back in this thread:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/how-to-configure-woocommerce-zapier-to-each-event-on-calendar/

Thanks

Rochelle Fisher
    Participant

OK so I have visted the area in Woo commerce that I would expect to find the ability to turn on the completed email notification and to me it looks to be on. Any suggestions. This is the tab associated with this activitiy in WooCommerce.

Completed order

Order complete emails are sent to customers when their orders are marked completed and usually indicate that their orders have been shipped.

Enable/Disable Enable/Disable Enable this email notification I the box checked to enable this function??
    Subject Subject
    Defaults to Your {site_title} order from {order_date} is complete

Email Heading Email Heading
    Defaults to Your order is complete

Subject (downloadable) Subject (downloadable)
    Defaults to Your {site_title} order from {order_date} is complete – download your files

Email Heading (downloadable) Email Heading (downloadable)
    Defaults to Your order is complete – download your files

Email type Email type
    HTML

Choose which format of email to send.

HTML template

View templateCopy file to theme To override and edit this email template copy woocommerce/templates/emails/customer-completed-order.php to your theme folder: yourtheme/woocommerce/emails/customer-completed-order.php.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

So are you still not getting these order emails sent from WooCommerce?

Are you getting ticket emails sent out though?

A customer should get both on a completed order especially if it is checked.

Can you create a test event far in the future with a free ticket so I can test it out? Could you provide a link in a private thread?

Let me know.

Thanks

Rochelle Fisher
    Participant

I think my problem is email delivery. Apparently Godaddy change our email to route to Asia first and that system is down for them. We are in process with them. I am thinking this is why I am not getting any emails when I place orders with the confirmations coming to my email address as the person ordering.

I am going to do a test order to a different email address that is not affected by the email issue at Godaddy.

AGH!!! for now I think I am good. Thanks for your help. Your support is the best I have encountered in a long time. The best aspects are fast replies and I did not have to spend a ton effort explaining the questions. This is one of my biggest complaints about online support is getting the support person to understand the question. Then coming up with a real solution. Which has been great with you and George. Thanks! I am setting my status as resolved. I will open a new request if I am not getting emails going forward. As I see no reason why I would not.

Brian
    Keymaster

Thanks for the update and the kind words.

On GoDaddy I have used these two plugins before to fix my email issues:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/postman-smtp/

wpMandrill

Since this is marked resolved I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we can help you out.

Thanks

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘question- about woocommere ticket cart’ is closed to new replies.