Question about Controlling Event Layout

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Question about Controlling Event Layout

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Richard Niebaum

I am used to creating “events” as a Post in WordPress. I can control the size of the image right within the Edit Post screen. For the featured image in (Event Calendar) Events, I experimented with loading smaller images, or even square ones, but each choice I made solved one problem and created others. For example, when I uploaded an image that was 650 x 433 px, I got to see the image size I wanted, but instead of being centered with the text below, it crammed the text on the narrow right hand column that was created when the image was left-justified.

If there are ways to control this, other than hacking the PHP files, I’m not seeing how.

I would likely buy the Event Calendar PRO plugin if editing Events worked more like editing Posts.

I welcome any insights you may have.

Cliff

Hi, Richard. Thanks for your interest in our plugin suite.

An event’s featured image displaying on the Single Event page/view comes from https://github.com/moderntribe/the-events-calendar/blob/4.6.19/src/views/single-event.php#L59

You could follow our Themer’s Guide (our “how-to” walk-through video may be helpful, too) for that file: /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/single-event.php

I hope this helps.

Last but not least, we have Bundles and a pretty great Refund Policy so you can buy one or many of our add-ons and thoroughly test them.

I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Question about Controlling Event Layout’ is closed to new replies.