Problems with recurring events in Event Calendar PRO

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Problems with recurring events in Event Calendar PRO

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Rosanne
    Participant

Hi, I am having problems with recurring events using Event Calendar PRO v4.3.1.1. My recurring events that were set up (a few months ago) no longer allow me to see or update the recurring schedule. Also, I can no longer add new events that are recurring. It sounds very similar (if not the same) as Benjamin is experiencing in the thread “There is no option to select recurring event”.

I’m running the latest version of WP, event calendar, and event calendar pro and it looks like the pro version as active, as in settings it shows expiration being in 2017.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Geoff B.

Good evening Rosanne and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the challenges you are facing while trying to use recurring events.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

That way, I will be able to troubleshoot this for you.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Rosanne
    Participant

This reply is private.

Rosanne
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Rosanne
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Rosanne,

Thank you for the system info.

I believe these issues are all related. They look like some type of conflict is at play (either with your theme/child theme or another plugin).

Could you tell me which version of Avada you are using and how long ago was your Avada child theme put in place ? The reason I am asking is because there are some template customizations found in Avada for our plugin.

These might require updating as our plugins evolve. A quick test would be to temporarily switch back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen and see if the issue persists.

If that does not work, the next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure (preferably in a staging/dev environment or local install of your WordPress website if you can) and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1. Make a backup of your database
    2. Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Rosanne
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Rosanne
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Rosanne
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Rosanne
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘Problems with recurring events in Event Calendar PRO’ is closed to new replies.