Problem (again) after update

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Problem (again) after update

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    kortris
    Participant

hello, after following your instructions from here https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/problem-after-update/ i have recenlty update to the newest version. unfortunately the problems remaining. in the list view the country’s name and the “google maps” tag is displaying under many events title eventhough i have not set them.

Hunter

Hi and welcome back,

Sorry to hear about the troubles. Before I get to testing, please confirm you’ve followed our Testing for conflicts guide to ensure you’re not experiencing a theme and/or plugin conflict. Once we’ve ruled that out, we’ll continue troubleshooting.

Thanks for posting and take care.

kortris
    Participant

Hello and thank you for your answer,

As you can understand i cannnot doing tests and experiments every time you release an update and it is not working properly. I need a stable version! Can i downgrade to 4.0.5? are there any security updates since then?You have told me that the bugs were fixed and you have force me to update and now I have the same problems.

Thank you

Hunter

Hi and welcome back,

I truly do sympathize with the tediousness of troubleshooting as outlined in our Testing for conflicts guide, but it is always the first step we need to take to eliminate the chance that you’re working with a theme and/or plugin conflict. Once you’ve done that, we are more than happy to continue troubleshooting to see if there is indeed a bug in play.

Thanks for understanding and I look forward to resolving this with you 🙂

kortris
    Participant

hello i have activate twenty fifteen theme, i have deactivate all the other plugins, i have cleaned all the broswing data but the problem remains

Hunter

Hello,

Thanks for confirming. Can you please send over your System Information as a private reply? Thanks again and have a good rest of the week.

kortris
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by kortris.
    kortris
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

Hi and thanks for sharing the System Information with me.

There is no default setting to hide the ‘+ Google Map’ on the event list page. You can add the following code to your theme’s style.css file:

.tribe-events-event-meta-desc .tribe-events-gmap, .tribe-events-event-meta .tribe-events-gmap {
    white-space: nowrap;
    display: none;
    }

Let me know if that does the trick and have a good rest of the day.

kortris
    Participant

Hello, you cannot find the source of the problem? This solution is hiding and not solvinf the problem. The country is also showing even though i have not set it.

Thank you in advance

Hunter

Hey kortris,

There isn’t exactly a “problem” as we don’t have a built-in feature or setting to show/hide the ‘+ Google Map’ text seen in certain views, including list view.

You can either remove it completely via a template override (instructions are in our Themer’s Guide) or you can hide it via CSS. There are no other alternatives at this time.

You could visit our UserVoice Feature Ideas and submit it as a request if it hasn’t been already.

Thanks for working with me on the issue and have a good day 🙂

kortris
    Participant

The plugin is showing the “google maps” on half of the events but i have not set a “google map” to any event so please accept that this is a problem. The country’s name is also shown even after i add the code you advise me.

Thank you for your time

Hunter

Hi Kortris,

Thanks for replying. I understand your position on the matter when displaying the Google Map link. I recommend visiting our UserVoice Feature Ideas and submitting the idea if it hasn’t been already.

I would recommend right-clicking your mouse and opening “Inspect” to identify CSS classes so you can hide them via your theme’s style.css file. The other alternative is the template override as explained in our Themer’s Guide.

Unfortunately, this will be as much support as I can provide. Best of luck and have a great weekend 🙂

kortris
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

Hi @kortis,

So sorry if my replies have frustrated you or caused any confusion!

What I hear you saying is that you have a number of events that show the Google Maps link when you do not want that link to show up. Is that correct?

If so, I want to clarify that The Events Calendar does not have a setting to hide those links or the location information in the calendar’s List View. If you have location or venue information on the event, then that link will display by default, as well as any location information. On the flip side, that link will not display if there is no location of venue information on the event. It’s an all-or-nothing sort of thing that the plugin automates without a specific setting.

Am I understanding the question correctly, or is there something I’m missing in there and you can help clarify that for me? That would help a lot.

Please let me know and we can go from there.

Thanks for your patience and understanding while we work on this together!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Problem (again) after update’ is closed to new replies.