Print ticket / download ticket / add to mail list checkbox options

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Print ticket / download ticket / add to mail list checkbox options

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Jaques
    Participant

Am really enjoying the features and capabilities of Event Calendar Pro and Tickets Plus, but cannot find a couple of things –

1) A link/button to print or download the ticket

2) A tick box to be added to a mailing list

Have searched the forums but can’t find an answer to this – please help!

Thank you!

Kate

Geoff B.

Good evening Kate and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

1) A link/button to print or download the ticket

I believe you will like the following extension: https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/view-print-download-pdf-tickets/

2) A tick box to be added to a mailing list

Could you expand on what you had in mind exactly ?
    I am not sure what newsletter system you are using.

But if you are simply looking for a way to capture opt-in (and then add the subscription later), that can totally be arranged via Event Tickets Plus additional attendee info fields: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/collecting-attendee-information/

Another thing you could do is simply integrate your current signup form via a template customization.

You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

As a side note, since you are using Yoast, you might want to take a peek at the following article: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/titles-in-yoast-seo/

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Jaques
    Participant

Dear Geoff, many thanks for your quick reply… I’ve just arrived at the office – 8.49 here – I guess you’ve maybe left already and heading for an evening pint!

1) Brilliant – thank you I can now download that extension and the attendees can download or print their own tickets – awesome.

2) Yes – I want an opt-in to subscribe to our mailing list – I did create a custom field (as you suggest below with Events Tickets Plus addition information )and I tested this out but the information / check box did not appear on the records of the test subscriber _ I couldn’t find it anywhere. Any ideas?

I’ve not yet installed an email system (not sure which one to use as it’s a big organisation with lots of different user groups, so I imagine is not going to be straight forward)… but yes a workaround would be to add the subscriber form.

3) Our main issue just now is that emails are not going to attendees – confirmation / cancellation etc – nothing at all is going out. Weirdly however the RSVP IS working! Really could do with some advice on this issue – have trailed the forums and can’t find anything…. if poss would be very good indeed to get this sorted out today?? IF someone could call perhaps?

MANY THANKS!

Kate

Jaques
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jaques
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Jaques
    Participant

Many thanks Geoff,

Please can you let me know an email address to private reply to?

Kate

Jaques
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jaques
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jaques
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jaques
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jaques
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Jaques
    Participant

Hello! Good morning / evening !

I think I managed to resolve pretty much everything there, but thank you for your help and patience!

With the print and download option – I was kinda expecting this to be positioned in the screen that shows final ticket confirmation, having made the purchase. This seems the obvious place to have a ‘print ticket’ and ‘download ticket’ option… It’s a bit hidden if placed under the actual event, it means the purchaser has to go and find it.

I guess if I wanted to add this to the page (the final confirmation page with all the details on it) then I’d have to get a WP bod to do the coding for me? Or is there an Events Calendar workaround for this? plugin? extension? snippet?

Many thanks!! Mostly there now!!

Kate

Geoff B.

Good evening Kate,

I am so glad to hear that you are so close to the goal.

I was kinda expecting this to be positioned in the screen that shows final ticket confirmation, having made the purchase.

That is actually a very interesting suggestion. I will add it to the extension feature request list.
    Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date at this point.

But stay tuned, you will be contacted when it is released.

With that in mind, most customers really like the option of having the possibility to download and print the ticket from the email they receive.

if I wanted to add this to the page (the final confirmation page with all the details on it) then I’d have to get a WP bod to do the coding for me?

That is correct. Right now we do not have a solution to add this to the WooCommerce confirmation page.

If coding is not really your cup of tea, you could always hire one of our recommended customizers to do the customization for you.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Print ticket / download ticket / add to mail list checkbox options’ is closed to new replies.