presale questions

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions presale questions

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    D Thomas

I am building a few community websites for myself not clients
    each for specific areas of interest where I now live in China

I will have a list of members and need for each member to have their own calendar (on their page) showing only what they themselves are doing for a given month on their page calendar

I also want other members to be able to filter another member calendar while visiting that page to see if they are going to similar upcoming event It would also be nice if they could “select” a group of members out of the masses (wishful thinking I will grow to a large membership) to view on a single calendar without having to look at a mess of EVERYONE’s (entire memberships) events

Will your product do this without major headaches or me getting into the programming?

also since I will have more than one site for the same community but for specific hobbies or likes (all belonging to me) do I qualify for the multisite license for $349? There will be several domains i.e. thiscity.com/bike thiscity.com/swim or whatever bottom line all mine and on one hosting account each with its own domain name to make things simple (hopefully) for me Thanks

if this is not clear we can schedule a call if possible so we are sure

thanks

D Thomas

after i posted i realized a mistake
    on the URL’s
    should read
    thiscitybike.com
    thiscityswim.com
    and so on
    each a unique URL
    but all of them mine
    i only do my own websites
    not for clients or should i say I am my own one and only client?
    either way

thanks

Cliff

Hi, D.

Thanks for your question and for considering our plugin suite.

Our multisite license is for a WordPress Multisite installation, not for multiple different websites, each a WordPress single site install.

That would instead be a Business, Agency, or Unlimited level license. If you start with a Business (3 sites) license and grow from there, you can upgrade when needed.

Regarding the actual use case, you might be interested in our Community Events add-on and/or our Multiple Calendars KB article.

Last but not least, we have a pretty great Refund Policy so you can buy one or many of our add-ons and thoroughly test them.

I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

D Thomas

So multisite would be like if i gave individuals a subsection of my site to use as their own
    like renting a room out?

Is there a page with all the options and prices for add-ons?

Thanks

D Thomas

is there a time limit for upgrading from a 3 site to a 10 site license etc?
    all sites i make are for me and my own websites, not clients
    thanks

Cliff

It sounds like you do not know what WordPress Multisite is, which is fine. It is a more complex (but not necessarily programmer-level) way to run WordPress. Of course, everything has its pros and cons.

Each of our sales pages (e.g. Events Calendar PROCommunity Events) has all of that product’s purchasing options.

Upgrades from one level to another are handled manually on a case-by-case basis. There’s no time limit.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

D Thomas

New to WP
    Having to learn all over
    Too many plugins as well
    So I do my homework to reduce the amount of buying and trying i do
    I want to do it right but once

Thanks

Cliff

I understand. Setting up your own WordPress site the right way isn’t as easy as some people make it out to be.

If you need some coding or general WordPress setup help, you may want to ask your developer or reference our documentation and list of known customizers.

In general, I’d say our calendar suite is the best choice out there for WordPress sites, but every software might lack some functionality each user considers necessary or ideal. We’re always working hard to improve it and continue leading in the WordPress calendaring space.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance at this time.

D Thomas

just WP is new to me

I always do as much prep before hand to learn before beginning to reduce issues before they begin and not waste money on products that wont do what i need

thanks for all the kindness and help

D Thomas

I looked over the options you mentioned

the only ones that i need for sure is a filter
    and maybe the community events at most
    i likely won’t have need of anything more for my use

thanks again for the kindness

Cliff

Kudos on your penchant for research and details.

I’m glad I was able to help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘presale questions’ is closed to new replies.