Possible to add more than 1 set of categories?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Possible to add more than 1 set of categories?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Darius

Hello, we are planning to use the event calendar plugin to create a website for various dance events.
    I’ve tried the free standard version of the plugin and have been quite happy with the results so far. I’ve got only 2 concerns:

1. For every event, I can choose the different event categories, which are also clickable and link to a list with all the other events from said category – awesome! What I’d need is an additional 1 or 2 sets of categories. Our idea is to display all the artists and DJs (2 different categories) that are present at the event. When I click on the persons name, there should appear a list with all the events said person is attending, e.g. when I click ‘DJ Snowflake’ I want to see all the events where he’s booked. Ideally I could also write 1 or 2 words about him, so it’d be like an artist page with the linked events. Is this possible with the PRO version? I’ve seen the possibility of adding additional info to an event, but I’m not sure if this would work the same way as the categories (i.e. be clickable and lead me to a list).

2. How much can you customize the search bar? I would like to have just 2 options to filter: location and category. I haven’t found the possibility in the standard version and the filter plugin gives me many many options, but it doesn’t really look clean with its dropdown look. So is there any possibility to further customize the search bar?

Thank you very much,

Darius

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Darius,

Thanks for checking out our plugins!

While you can add multiple categories to an event by default, there isn’t an out-of-the-box way to add multiple category sets (or taxonomies) to events. You may be able to add more category sets to events easily with a third party taxonomy plugin – you can test this out using the free version because categories work the same way with Events Calendar Pro and the free version (The Events Calendar). The category description does not display on the event category page by default, but you could add it with a customization. I would recommend taking a look at this article for more information on event categories.

You are correct that the additional fields do not work the way you described, where you can click on them and get a page with all of the matching events.

With the search bar that comes with the free version, you can search by location, but there isn’t an option to filter by category – Filter Bar on the other hand does come with this option, as well as several other options to filter by. This article has some good information on customizing the default Tribe Events Bar, and this one has instructions on configuring the premium Filter Bar. Currently, there isn’t another option for displaying the filters besides the dropdowns.

We do offer full refunds within 30 days of purchase if you’re not satisfied with the products, so feel free to test them out! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Darius

Hi Jennifer,

thanks for the quick and elaborate answer you’ve given me. I’ll check out the solutions you’ve recommended!

Cheers

Jennifer
    Keymaster

No problem Darius, just let us know if there’s anything else we can help with!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Possible to add more than 1 set of categories?’ is closed to new replies.