Possibility to charge commission for community tickets sales…

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Possibility to charge commission for community tickets sales…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Maximilien Gorelkine

Hello, I’ve got some pre-buying questions concerning the Community Events, Event Tickets Plus and Community Tickets add-ons and what they would allow me to achieve.

My idea is to setup a sort of events marketplace to allow members to submit events and eventually charge the subscribers for them. In other words, I would like for members to be able to create their own events on the frontend, choose a price for tickets and be able to receive the money on their account, minus a commission (by using stripe connect for instance)… Visitors would be able to buy the tickets for these events.

Is this possible with these add-ons? Thanks a lot for your insight!

Barry

Hi Maximilien — absolutely!

You’d actually need all of the following plugins to set something like this up:

With those in place, users would be able to submit new events and create tickets for them – and you could even automate profit sharing if you setup PayPal Split Payments (please note however that you would ultimately need approval from PayPal for this).

I hope that helps, but let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Maximilien Gorelkine

HI,

Thanks a lot for your input! This is great news!
    One last question though :
    – I would like to allow only premium members (with a monthly or annual paid subscription) to be able to create new events. How could I achieve that? Do your plugins allow it out of the box (like role based capabilities) ? Or should I ude a third party plugin for this part (if yes, perhaps you have some suggestions?)

Thank you so much!

Barry

Hi Maximilien!

I would like to allow only premium members (with a monthly or annual paid subscription) to be able to create new events. How could I achieve that? Do your plugins allow it out of the box (like role based capabilities) ?

It’s certainly possible to restrict the ability to submit new events to those users who are logged in — however if you need something more fine grained than that then, yes, it would be possible to set something up but it would require some amount of custom development work (and, I should be clear, while we’re always happy to point users in the right direction we tend to be limited in terms of how far we can help with such things).

So, basically: this is very possible – but would likely require you to build a customization.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Possibility to charge commission for community tickets sales…’ is closed to new replies.