Plugin WPML with String Translation activated messes up recurring events.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Plugin WPML with String Translation activated messes up recurring events.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I’m using your plugins Events Calender, Events Calender Pro and WooCommerce tickets.
    Recurring events only display once instead of recurring instances when the plugins WPML and String Translation are activated. When turned off, the recurring instances show up correctly.

Can you help me with this problem?

Tnx in advance, Joost

Nico

Hi there @ibexsolutions,

Thanks for reaching to us on this! I’ll help you out figuring this out…

First of all, Can you please follow the steps described in our Testing for conflicts guide? This way we can see if this is a problem in our plugin or a conflict with the theme or other installed plugins.

Also it would be great if you could share your system information with me so I can check if everything looks right on that end.

Have you followed the steps described in these articles to set up our plugins with WPML: Setting up The Events Calendar with WPML and Creating translations for events using WPML?

Thanks,
    Nico

Keith
    Participant

Posting here to be e-mailed notification of replies.

Nico

That’s great Keith, hope you can benefit from the exchange with @ibexsolutions!

Have a great weekend,
    Nico

Keith
    Participant

I’m also having problems with recurring events. I haven’t checked yet if it’s related to WPML, but I do have WPML installed.

This is an example of a recurring event I created. If you click on the “ver todos” link, you get a “too many redirects” error, with the event trying to redirect to this page

http://www.enjoyandalucia.com/event/english-spanish-conversation-with-carmen-3/?lang=es%2Fall%2Fall%2Fall%2Fall%2Fall%2Fall%2Fall%2Fall%2Fall%2Fall%2Fall%2Fall%2Fall%2Fall%2Fall%2Fall%2Fall%2Fall%2Fall%2Fall%2Fall%2Fall%2F

There is only one event in the calendar. The subsequent events don’t appear.

I recreated the event here. Initially, it had exactly the same problem. Clicking the “ver todos” link resulted in the above error. However, that behaviour has now changed, without me making any changes to the event, or to anything else. Now when I click on “Ver todos” it shows a screen with just one one occurrence of the event in the calendar.

This is the how I set it up

The checkbox to show only the first occurrence of repeating events is unchecked.

Keith
    Participant

The issue with the too many redirects seems as though it might be browser related, possibly something to do with caching. If I open the event in a different browser, or in an incognito window, I don’t get the “too many redirects” error, but I do still have the problem of it showing only 1 event in the series.

I have set up some other recurring events, such as this one, which don’t have this problem, which do correctly appear multiple times in the calendar, but they still only display one occurrence when clicking “Ver todos”

Keith
    Participant

This also seems to be causing problems with venues. In the above event, I created a new venue called La Andaluza Bar. I subsequently tried to add another event using the same venue. When I searched for it in the list of existing venues, it didn’t find it. When I tried to add it again as a new venue, it wouldn’t allow me to add it because it is an existing venue.

I had the same problem when I created the original event which I mentioned in my post above. The bar is actually called La Andaluza (without bar on the end). When I recreated the recurring event to investigate the “too many redirects” problem, and the only-one occurrence problem, I had to create a new venue called “La Andaluza Bar”.

Now that I’m creating a third event for that venue, I’m going to have to give it another fictitious name.

Keith
    Participant

To avoid confusion when you view the website, I want to mention that you’ll see what might appear to be two occurrences of the same event. These are actually two separate events that I’ve had to set up to get the event to appear twice.

You’ll also notice that one pop-up appears in English, and one in Spanish, despite both events being created exactly the same way with the same settings.

Keith
    Participant

Another difference is that when I click on one of the events, A in this image, it displays the event as it should, however when I click on the other event, B, it displays the series list view (which currently only shows one occurrence due to the problems mentioned above.)

Nico

Hey Keith,

Thanks for jumping in here, but the issue you are describing in your replies, might not be related to the one Joost posted. Can you please open up a new thread for this? Having just a user/issue per thread usually makes them move faster. When creating the new thread please be sure to Test for conflicts and include your system information, that will surely help getting a better reply. You can copy the text from your messages, no need to create a new description for the issue.

I’m still awaiting Joost to proceed, but again not sure if your issue is related or not, and he is the original poster…

Thanks,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Plugin WPML with String Translation activated messes up recurring events.’ is closed to new replies.