Plugin not working correctly i cant edit my events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Plugin not working correctly i cant edit my events

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    mekhaelsrour
    Participant

i can’t edit my events since December i have been trying to contact you and no respond, please i can’t edit the events, and alll events are taking the HTML designs i have made for the classes thx Mekhael

Geoff

Hi Mekhael,

Sorry for the trouble here!

I do see you have contacted us two other times (here and here) and that we responded to you both times, so please know that we are trying to help you but will need you to help us understand the issue. So far, it’s unclear exactly what you’re describing and we need to figure that out in order to proceed.

Will you please help describe the issue for me by answering these questions:

• What do you mean when you say you “can’t edit events” on the calendar? Does that mean you are unable to access the event posts in WordPress? Does it mean you can access the posts, but none of the content fields are editable? It would be super helpful if you could provide step-by-step details in a bullet-point list that I can follow to try to re-create the same issue on my test site.
    • What do you mean when you say “all events are taking the HTML designs i have made”? What HTML are you referring to? The way I read that is you added code directly to the plugin template files and then lost them when you updated the plugin, which would be expected. If you could clarify that, that would be helpful.

Let’s start by answering those questions and proceed from there.

Thanks!
    Geoff

mekhaelsrour
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Well I’m not sure about the answers for the past posts I ever got an email notice about it.

Yes I can’t edit my events when I click on edit all, For the past months and has been very frustrating every time I have to contact you guys.

Some of the events the HTML I copied still working and some not working.

I’m so grateful finally got a person to fix my problem.

Geoff

Hi Mekhael,

Thanks for following up!

I appreciate the answers, but I’m still not sure that helps me understand what the issue is.

What would be super helpful is if you could provide me with a bullet-point list of the steps you take that lead to the issue from the time you log into WordPress to when you reach the editing screen. Plus, if you have any screenshots that help illustrate what you’re describing, that would be awesome.

Also, I still do have clarity on what HTML you are referring to. What HTML did you copy? What parts of it are the events overriding? Do you have screenshots to help describe this to me?

Thanks,
    Geoff

mekhaelsrour
    Participant

oky

i’m trying to edit my events from WordPress platform,

. once i press edit all nothing works it just keep downloading but nothing works

mekhaelsrour
    Participant

The HTML i use from my page that i create to design the outcome of the event for people when they go into the event

since the plugin doesn’t have a drop box for easy designs.

the funny is that some r still looking good and some r not they got mess up since November, and honestly to contact you guy and learn how to communicate with your support a lot of work, i have been waiting for an email about your reply, it never send it to me.

it happen i contact your FB page and ask me for the post link that is how i knew you reply

Geoff

Hi Mekhael,

I have to admit that I’m still having a bit of a tough time understanding the issue as you’ve described it so far.

It is super odd that you are unable to edit events, especially if you were able to create them initially. However, here’s how I understand the issue so far:

• You log into WordPress
    • You navigate to the Events screen
    • You click “Edit” on an event post
    • Nothing happens — the page seems to infinitely load but the post editor never displays

Is that correct? If so, will you please try two things for me:

• Publish a new event — does WordPress allow you to do this, or does the post editor never load?
    • Test for conflicts — please follow the steps outline in this guide. They will ask you to switch to a default WordPress theme (like Twenty Seventeen) and deactivate all other non-Modern Tribe plugins to see whether the issue still happens.

Please give those two things a try and let me know what the results are. Again, screenshots would be super helpful.

I’m still not understanding the HTML issue you are describing. Will you please send me two links:

• A link to an event on your site where the HTML looks correct
    • A link to an event on your site where the HTML looks incorrect

And, when you send those to me, please tell me what the difference between the two screens is that I should look for.

Thanks for your patience while we figure this out together!

Geoff

mekhaelsrour
    Participant

Hi Geoff

I have been able to create new single event but not able to adjust or fix multi events that I had published before

From my wordpress

For the html issue I will send u two links

“Every Day is a Good Day to Dance”

http://www.alluredancestudios.com

Sincerely,

Your ALLUREing Family

Barry

Hi there Mekhael!

So it sounds like, when you try to edit an existing event, the browser tries to open the editor screen but basically just keeps spinning and it never opens. Is that correct?

If so, I can’t help but wonder if a plugin or theme conflict is afoot. With that in mind, can you try our standard troubleshooting steps?

In essence this would mean visiting Appearance → Themes and selecting a default theme such as Twenty Seventeen, then visiting the Plugins screen and deactivating all plugins except for The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO.

Can you give that a try and does it allow you to edit events? If it does, try reactivating everything one item at a time. Do you find there is a particular plugin that triggers the problem?

Thanks!

mekhaelsrour
    Participant

hi barry

i was bale to edit a single event

i was able to create new event

i’m still not able to edit the multi-events ??? it still go forever when i click on it and nothing happen,

i did take out the plugin off and kept the event Calendar only and still this the only issue i have with it

thx

Barry

Thanks for the update.

Did you have any success when running through our standard troubleshooting steps? If you were unable to perform those steps on your live site, I wonder if it would be possible for you to create a test site and work there instead.

A test site can be as simple as a fresh WordPress installation in a subdirectory (ie, example.com/test-wp). You could then start by adding just The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO (and nothing else!) and see if you can replicate the same issue there. Remember, there is no need to add your license key if you do this 🙂

Beyond that, I’d love some more clarity on a few points:

• Is the problem that when you try to edit an existing recurring event the editor never loads?
    • Or is it that after editing the event and hitting Update the process doesn’t seem to complete?
    • Can you provide an example of the sort of recurrence pattern you are using? Is this a problem with a very simple pattern, such as an event that recurs weekly for perhaps only 1 or 2 weeks?

Thanks!

mekhaelsrour
    Participant

Is the problem that when you try to edit an existing recurring event the editor never loads?

yes the editor never load and doesn’t let me go back to the main Dashboard so i have to log out and then log in again, it is has been like that since sept, i always do the updates hoping that might help but no luck, that is some of the links

http://www.alluredancestudios.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=2130&action=edit

http://www.alluredancestudios.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=9505&action=edit

http://www.alluredancestudios.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=7750&action=edit

Can you provide an example of the sort of recurrence pattern you are using?

weekly recurrence

Is this a problem with a very simple pattern, such as an event that recurs weekly for perhaps only 1 or 2 weeks?

not sure what u mean by simple, those the link of the web that r live now

http://www.alluredancestudios.com/event/intermediate-ballroom-dance-classes-2015-06-05-2015-07-03-2015-08-03/2017-03-27/

http://www.alluredancestudios.com/event/beginners-ballroom-dance-lessons-stonington-ct-2015-09-07/2017-03-27/

http://www.alluredancestudios.com/event/beginner-ballroom-dance-classes-tuesdays/2017-03-28/

All the single events are working with no issues that is the funny part that i don’t get it

yes i did take out alll plugin and changed the theme then i tried it didn’t do any change

show alll recurring events the loading is soooo
    By the way i just notice if people will click on show alll recurring events the loading is soooo not right, i’m not sure is that something normal how the page look like

http://www.alluredancestudios.com/event/beginner-ballroom-dance-classes-tuesdays/all/

http://www.alluredancestudios.com/event/intermediate-argentine-tango-classes-practica/all/

can you imagine if someone will do it on a phone ? and y it starts from 2015 i thought it suppose to start from current day and up ? right ?

i just learned how to get my issues fix with plug in hope i’m not asking tooo much thx

Barry

My apologies, firstly, for the further delay: many of us were unavailable last week but things should progress more smoothly from here onwards.

This is a puzzling problem and I’m still unsure what is causing it and am unable to replicate the same issues on my side. In my last reply, I proposed a different way of testing this:

I wonder if it would be possible for you to create a test site and work there instead.

A test site can be as simple as a fresh WordPress installation in a subdirectory (ie, example.com/test-wp). You could then start by adding just The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO (and nothing else!) and see if you can replicate the same issue there. Remember, there is no need to add your license key if you do this ?

Is that something we can do?

That would give us a clean environment in which to test and could be a useful contrast from the live site. If you do this and find you can create a recurring event that boasts the same problems as you have already described, please pause and link me to the test site so I can take a look.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Plugin not working correctly i cant edit my events’ is closed to new replies.