Please respond. Will anything work as advertised?

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Please respond. Will anything work as advertised?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    suzinoyes
    Participant

I am literally sick about FB. This premium feature was the whole reason I bought your plugin. I am trying to see if there is a workaround. So, I tried to import from meetup. When I did the preview – I received this error – There was an error fetching the results from your import: Unknown message: 400

Please respond. Will anything work as advertised?

suzinoyes
    Participant

I know you are busy, but seriously you should be offering phone assistance at this point. It’s horrible that I have to ask FIVERR for help. Just tried meetup AGAIN and got this error: There was an error fetching the results from your import: Unknown service message

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by suzinoyes.
    suzinoyes
    Participant

This is what my fiverr guy found. How can I have reached my limit if FB is not working?

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

In addition, can you provide me with the URL that you are trying to import, so that I can do some testing on my end?

Also, can you enable and check the Event Log under Events < Help to see if you see anything unusual?<span class=”Apple-converted-space”> </span>

Right under that is your Event Aggregator Status. Can you take a screenshot of what you see there?

Let me know if anything else comes up in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

suzinoyes
    Participant

This reply is private.

suzinoyes
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by suzinoyes.

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for getting that information to me.

Unfortunately, at this time, Facebook Group imports are not currently working, even if they are your own.  What does work is Facebook Pages where you are the owner.  This issue predates the Facebook Privacy Policy changes and we were aware of it previously.

As far as your Meetup import goes, it should work as expected.  I tried importing the URL that you provided and it worked for me without issue.

In that case, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

• A conflict with another plugin
    • A conflict with your WordPress theme
    • A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

• Make a backup of your database
    • Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

suzinoyes
    Participant

Well, the group worked before this change. Ok, so if I make a FB page under my name and add others so they can add their events, will it work?

suzinoyes
    Participant

Ok, I created a FB page and one event. I tried to import it and it did not work. Meetup is working on my end, thank you.

This is the FB page – https://www.facebook.com/spectrumparentsevents
    I’d also like to import from this url – http://camp4autism.com/community-events/ – any ideas on how to do that?
    Thank you for your help.

Hi Suzanne,

I’m glad to hear that Meetup is working again for you.

The Facebook page only has one event, that has now passed, so I cannot test that page at this time.  I’d also recommend trying to mark the event as Going or Interested, as other users have had more success with imports that way, although I cannot make any guarantees.

As far as that other URL goes, I tried importing via the Other URL import source, but it doesn’t appear to be working.  Are you seeing the same results?

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

suzinoyes
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Suzanne,

For right now, the only way to import from Facebook would be to create an event for a Facebook Page that you have also created yourself, and that you are the admin of.  In other words, other people cannot create the events (if you want to import them), even if you are the admin of the page.

We try to keep it to one issue per thread, so that we can ensure that we address each issue fully.  With that in mind, can you open up a separate thread for your new issue?  Thank you for your understanding!

As far as the Other URL option goes, only events that have been created via The Events Calendar on another site can be imported through this method.  Is that the case with the site that you are trying to import events from?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/import-from-feed-or-url/

Let me know!

Thanks,

Jaime

suzinoyes
    Participant

Ok, I did not know that about the URL. Thank you.

No problem, let me know if you have any other questions on this topic!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Please respond. Will anything work as advertised?’ is closed to new replies.