PHP Fatal Error on Month View

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO PHP Fatal Error on Month View

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Troy
    Participant

Hello,

I am having a similar issue to what is being reported in this thread, where a PHP fatal error is returned when I load the Month View.

PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in /var/www/dev.eosfitness.com/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 2252

It seems that the script is taking too long and using too much of the system memory allocated to the task.

Week view and Day view work fine. Month view works fine in my local environment. Is there a solution for this?

Josh
    Participant

Hey Troy,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

As an initial step, have you tried following the Testing for Conflicts procedures to ensure there isn’t an issue with other code, particularly try switching to a default theme to see if the issue persists.

A general “solution” for something like this is to increase the memory limit within your server’s php.ini file. You could try increasing it to a 512mb, but any more than that could end up causing whatever the conflicting code is to completely run through the existing memory for the site.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Troy
    Participant

Hi Josh,

Yes, I have already tested for conflicts.

I am hesitant to increase the memory limit because we’ve never had to do that before. It wasn’t until the latest update that this became an issue. The other support threads I found with similar issues were reported recently — is it possible that there is an issue with the latest update that causes too much memory to be used when loading the month view?

Josh
    Participant

Hey Troy,

It’s possible that there could be a query that is modified that is causing it to require a little more memory than usual, particularly if there are a large number of events in your calendar. However, if it were a significant resource bleed due to the update, we would expect to see a lot more users reporting this similar issue. If you try increasing the limit just to the 512 and the issue persists, it is possible that there might be a configuration issue that we may need to address.

Going forward, I know performance and efficiency will always be continued priorities and to this end I do know that several issues that have been reported on an enterprise level (sites maintaining tens of thousands of events) have already had solutions submitted and included in the next round of releases.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘PHP Fatal Error on Month View’ is closed to new replies.