Photo View not displaying after plugin update.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Photo View not displaying after plugin update.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Brad
    Participant

Just updated to the latest plugin for Calendar Pro, etc. and now our favored display format “Photos” doesn’t display anything.

Barry

I’m sorry you’ve hit some difficulties after updating, Brad.

Strangely I don’t see the same thing locally. When I visit your page it appears as if – for whatever reason – the scripts and information needed to manage photo view are absent from that page (even though the events themselves are present, it’s just that initially they are invisible).

Have you been able to try our standard troubleshooting steps here? Could you also paste your complete system information in a private reply? Though it looks like you did this when you opened the topic initially a lot of expected data is missing for some reason.

Thanks!

Brad
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Thanks! Are you also able to test for any conflicts with your theme/other plugins (or else can you replicate this on a testing/staging site and perform the testing there)?

Brad
    Participant

I will need to do this in the early a.m. when we have the least of traffic. I will report back. Thanks VERY much for your assistance Barry.

– Brad

Barry

Not at all, thank you for your cooperation and patience while we work through this.

I wish I could offer a more obvious solution without having you do those steps, but primarily because we’re seeing few/no similar reports and cannot replicate locally, it does “feel” like a conflict.

Let me know what you find!

Brad
    Participant

De-activated plugins and NADA.

Switched to Twenty Fourteen theme and that fixed it so apparently there is a conflict with my theme. Now what?

Thanks again for your help!

Barry

It looks like you are using a child theme (of a premium theme) – I’m curious, is the problem particular to the child theme or does it also take place with the parent theme?

If it happens only to relate to the child theme can you summarize what’s in there/what kind of changes it makes?

Brad
    Participant

Activated parent theme and same issue.

Barry

Could you create a .zip of the (parent) theme and upload it to your WordPress site – or to a service like Dropbox – then share the URL by private reply?

Though I can’t offer any guarantees as the problem seems to relate to third party code I’d be happy to take a look as I believe this is a theme quite a few of our users have in place 🙂

Thanks!

Brad
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi Brad,

I’m not sure if this is a bug in Gameday itself – or if your own copy has perhaps been modified – but it seems that under some circumstances it tries to call the is_shop() function – however if this function is not defined (noting here that the theme itself does not define it) a fatal error is triggered.

Since this happens when the wp_footer hook fires, most of the page is already assembled – but photo view depends on adding various scripts during this same action and, because of this error, it doesn’t get a chance.

Here’s the actual error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function is_shop() in /.../gameday/functions.php on line 1118

My guess is this code is assuming and relying on WooCommerce or some other e-commerce type component that implements the is_shop() function being present and activated — and that it is missing in your WordPress site (as it is on my test site).

With that in mind, I’d recommend approaching the theme vendor for assistance (unless of course it was a modification you/someone working on your behalf made to the them code).

I hope that helps!

Brad
    Participant

I will take a look and report back. Thank you Barry.

– Brad

Barry

Great, thanks Brad 🙂

Brad
    Participant

This has been a lot of trouble shooting and haven’t gotten anywhere yet. It was working fine before this last update. Would there be any issue with me downgrading to the previous rev?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘Photo View not displaying after plugin update.’ is closed to new replies.