Pending events in admin won't show up

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Pending events in admin won't show up

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Rasmus
    Participant

Hi, we use The Eventscalendar PRO together with Community Events. The list in admin with pending events shows that there are 10 pending events but when clicking the pending events link in WP-admin there are nothing there…

Last week there were 4 pending events (but 0 pending events in the list) and today it’s 10 pending events (still none to publish).

What can we do about this and why are there pending events that won’t show up in admin?

Geoff B.

Good evening Rasmus and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the submitted events not showing up in the admin.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

We already have part of that information, but it seems to be incomplete somehow.
    For that reason if you copy-paste it, it would be awesome.

Secondly, by the sound of it, it looks like there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1. A conflict with another plugin
    2. A conflict with your WordPress theme
    3. A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure (preferably in a staging/dev environment or local install of your WordPress website) and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1. Make a backup of your database
    2. Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

In your case, that would most likely imply using a non-admin account to submit events and seeing if you are able to see them.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Rasmus
    Participant

This reply is private.

Rasmus
    Participant

The submitted events are working fine, we receive the email notification and they are visible in wp-admin.

What I tried to describe in my previous post is that the system says that there is 10 pending events but no pending events are available in the pending event list.

See my screenshot for an example. It’s in Swedish but the active link (“Väntande 10”) is “Pending 10” in english.

In the area where the events should be listed it just says “No events found”.
    If I submit a new event it will change to “Pending 11” but go back to “10” if i Submit or delete it.

We don’t know where to find these 10 pending events. Earlier it was 6 pending events but still no way to find them. Now it’s 10 pending…

Geoff B.

Good evening Rasmus,

Thank you for writing back and for the additional details.

What is going on is that officially we do not offer Community Events support while using WPML.
    At best, it might work partially (and I might be able to provide you with some type of manual workaround, but it is untested).

You can read all about our level of integration with WPML in the following 3 articles: https://theeventscalendar.com/?s=wpml&submit=Search&post_type%5B%5D=tribe-knowledgebase

As a first step, I would recommend completing the exact setup that is recommended in these articles (you will need string translation and translation management active).

Once that is done, I would suggest you to head over to WPML > Help > troubleshooting page.

You should see some cleanup buttons at the top of the page.
    After the suggested database backup, I would click on all 7 of them and see if that helps.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Rasmus
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. I will check the information about WPML but we installed WPML just the other day. The problem with invisible community events in WP-admin has been there for a longer time.

Geoff B.

Good evening Rasmus,

Thank you for writing back.

Just to clarify, in time we want all our plugins to be able to be compatible with WPML.
    Our next candidate would probably be Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus.

After your tests, if you choose to continue using WPML, I would offer some additional advice.
    You might want to freeze our plugins at the following version for now

1. the Events Calendar 4.3.5
    2. the Events Calendar Pro 4.3.4
    3. Community Events 4.3.2

This specific combination has the best chance of working for now (we are working on some improvements).

You can downgrade our plugins using this article: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/downgrading-plugin-past-version/

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Rasmus
    Participant

Hello, I can now confirm that the hidden events in wp-admin was because of a conflict between The Events Calendar and the WPML installation.

The Events Calendar with Community Events and WPML are NOT compatible 🙂
    Do you have any idea if or when you will add support for WPML?

Regards from Sweden,
    Rasmus

Geoff B.

Good evening Rasmus,

Thank you for these additional tests.

I do not have a date to provide for Community Events support unfortunately.

But, some people have already requested compatibility here: https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/10048827

The more votes this feature has, the higher priority it gets.

What I can tell you however is that our order of priority is:

1. Enhance and strenghten compatibility with the Events Calendar and the Events Calendar Pro.
    2. Add Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus compatibility
    3. Look at Community Events compatibility

My best guess is that will bring us at least to next fall (considering we have tons of awesome feature requests we are also working on).

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Pending events in admin won't show up’ is closed to new replies.