PDF is not displayed

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus PDF is not displayed

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Nicolas
    Participant

Hi
    In the ticket sent by email, the link pointing to the pdf opens-up a white page. I do have DK PDF activated.
    The silly think is that if I deactivate DK PDF, then the PDF is displayed. But I believe that if I keep the plugin deactivated, the next ticket will not have a PDF link.

Cliff

Hi, Nicolas.

You have the “Event Tickets Plus Extension: Show and Print Tickets” extension active, which has been retired and replaced by https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/pdf-tickets/

Please deactivate that retired extension and DK PDF plugin (unless you’re using it for other things around your site) and then install this new extension.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Nicolas
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Sorry you’re experiencing this. Please provide more details about what/why this might be happening. Did you remove the retired extension and DK PDF and install the new extension?

You might see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Whenever troubleshooting, it’s best to enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue and doing other things on your site relevant to this ticket (such as visiting your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and anything else you can think to do).

If there’s nothing obvious (such as a console error or WP_DEBUG message) pointing you to what might be the problem, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

Note that https://wordpress.org/plugins/plugin-detective/ may prove helpful as well. (third-party, not guaranteed or supported by us)

Of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups as well as performing modifications first on a staging site before modifying anything on your live/production site.

If you still need assistance with this, please re-share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode) in a Private Reply.

That will give me a lot of extra information to help troubleshoot this.

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Nicolas
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Thanks for the detailed information. I have no idea what that console error is from, as woo_pp_ec_button_checkout isn’t part of our plugin.

The PDF ticket should 100% match whatever gets emailed, since it renders the email into a PDF document. If you want to change its content, you could reference our Themer’s Guide (our “how-to” walk-through video may be helpful, too) for the email.php file or use one of its action hooks.

All the strings within the email.php file should be translated/translatable as well.

Please share your feedback regarding this.

Nicolas
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

I’m sorry, but I’m not following the flow of what’s happening and where/how our plugin(s) or the PDF Tickets extension are involved.

Would you be able to share an annotated screenshot, screen capture video, and/or relevant URLs to clarify exactly what’s happening here?

Nicolas
    Participant

Hi
    I think that the problem was resolved by removing the “Event Tickets Extension: PDF Tickets”.
    If you have a look at the screenshot taken before removing the plugin (following the link PDF ticket), the ticket was not loading.
    It looks like that tickets are being send by email.
    I will let you know if there are any other anomalies.
    Thanks

Cliff

We want you to be able to use the PDF Tickets extension, but we haven’t seen a loading icon in a PDF before so I’m guessing there’s something else conflicting here.

Whenever troubleshooting, it’s best to enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue (with the PDF Tickets extension activated)

Nicolas
    Participant

Hi Cliff
    The loading icon was due to some fonts issue in my browser. Sorry for the confusion!
    But the good news are that after reactivating the PDF Tickets extension, tickets seem to be normally generated and sent now.
    Thanks for your help anyway.

I would like now to have tickets also in the translated event and would like some advice on the good way to proceed. Should I open a separate ticket?

Thanks

Cliff

Glad to hear and thanks for letting us know.

I’m unclear what you mean by “have tickets also in the translated event” and since this thread has gone on a bit, yes, please do create a new thread. I’ll Close this one.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘PDF is not displayed’ is closed to new replies.