PDF Documents as attachment for events

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions PDF Documents as attachment for events

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    TS-orango

Hello,

I’m currently using the Plugin Events Calendar. I would need a possibility to attach PDF documents for download to an event, because there is an invitation and a report for each event as PDF for download.

Is it possible to use the Additional Fields feature in the Events Calendar Pro Verison for PDF documents?

So far, we simply include a link in the description text, which unfortunately only quickly overlooked.

Thank you!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for checking out Events Calendar Pro! You could indeed use the additional fields to add a link to a PDF. You might also look at turning that link into a button (you could use this guide on making the website URL a button as a starting point) to help it stand out further.

If you’re selling tickets to this event and would like to include this link in the ticket email as well, you might also take a look at this post as a starting point for that customization.

We do offer full refunds within 30 days of purchase, so if you’d like to take Events Calendar Pro or any of our premium plugins for a test run, feel free to do so! Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Theo

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for your quick reply. How do I have to change the snippets to display the additional fields as a button?

In your guide is always in the snippets “tribe_get_event_website_link_label” that is certainly not for the fields or does it?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Theo,

You are correct that that guide is not for the additional fields that come with Events Calendar Pro –  you would need to do some tweaking to use it with the fields. I sent it to give you a starting point if you do decide to go with Events Calendar Pro, but we are not able to provide technical support here in the Pre-Sales forum. Custom coding like this is also outside the scope of support that we provide for premium license holders, but we do try to provide recommendations for our license holders over in our Events Calendar Pro forum to help out when we can 🙂

If you have any other questions, please let me know!

Theo

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for your answer. I already bought the Pro version.

I’ve tested several options with your guide, but unfortunately none of these work with the extra URL fields.

I just need to know which command works with the URL fields, nothing more. Otherwise, I do not need the Pro version, that’s the only feature that was important to me.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Theo,

Thanks for purchasing Pro! I’ll be happy to see if I can provide some additional recommendations here, but can you please open up a new thread here (using the login that you used to purchase Pro)? We’ll be happy to see if we can assist you further over there. Please link back to this thread when you open up the new one.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘PDF Documents as attachment for events’ is closed to new replies.