Pages loading extremely slow after upgrading.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Pages loading extremely slow after upgrading.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Chad
    Participant

I have a site I’m working on. They were using 2.0.3. An upgrade occured from this to the latest version manually. Experiencing crazy slow page loads then 500 page timeouts when drilling into an event from the monthly calendar. After digging into the readme I noticed they didn’t upgrade to 2.0.11 pro first before upgrading to the latest version. I repurchased the plugin pro as no one could provide me with their creds. I need to get a copy of 2.0.11 to downgrade pro then upgrade to latest version. Hopefully this will rectify the issues I’m having. Where can I download a copy of 2.0.11??? I assume I just need to downgrade pro and not the free plugin but if I do I need both 2.0.11. If I need to go back to 2.0.3 then to 2.0.11 then to the latest versions I will need copies of 2.0.3 as well. Hopefully all of this makes sense. Thanks!

The new versioning is taking place at a different IP. The current IP for the website is the old version of wordpress and your plugin.

Hunter

Hey Chad!

Welcome to the PRO support forums. I’d be happy to point you in the right direction for getting previous versions of our plugins. I also recommend checking out our KB article on updating manually.

Earlier versions of the free version can be downloaded on our WordPress.org developers page. I’ve gone ahead and backdated your license so you can access prior versions of PRO under My Account > Downloads on theeventscalendar.com. Let me know if you have any more questions and please keep me updated on the status of your issue.

Take care and enjoy your evening. Cheers!

Chad
    Participant

I downgraded to 2.0.3 on both plugins to 2.0.11 and then to the latest version. Something is missing. Something is not updating the DB maybe? The events that are all there when I run 2.0.3 and 2.0.11. When I upgrade to the latest version and I go back into the calendar not all of the events show. I am assuming I need to step somewhere between 2.0.11 and the latest version for something either in the dB structure or something to be updated. Also is there any other way of achieving the upgrade i.e. is there a way for me to export the data from 2.0.11 and import it into the latest version if I blow away the db tables and let the new activation of the plugin create the new structure? I’m really desparate here as the client is getting edgy on me.

Thanks!

Hunter

Chad,

Thank you for the update. I would sequentially upgrade from the earliest version that works for you up until you get to the latest version, doing so manually. With the amount of releases between 2.0.11 and now, it’s really hard to narrow down which version is the critical (if not multiple) version for maintaining your events.

Let me know if this makes sense and if it works out. Thanks again and best of luck.

Chad
    Participant

OK. So I’ve been upgrading from 2.0.3 every iteration upward. Everything worked fine UP TO

Normal Plugin 3.11.2
    Pro Plugin 3.11.1

At this point when I upgrade to 3.12 I get the dreaded hidden reoccurring events and if I click on an event that is showing it gives me a 500. If I deactivate the pro plugin there is no delay no issues. There HAS to be something with the upgrade from Pro 3.11.1 to 3.12 that breaks things. My customer is getting more impatient by the day. I’ve spent countless hours troubleshooting and upgrading every revision from the begining of time. Please give me some assistance. Using the stock theme does nothing. Disabling every plugin accept those two does nothing. It’s a windows based server so .htaccess is obviously a non-issue. I’ve seen other posts etc where people see the missing/hidden reoccurring events after upgrade. Unfortunately according to release notes this is supposedly ‘fixed’ in 3.11. It occurs starting ta 3.12 for me. I have upgraded obviously to 4.0 and to the latest revs with no luck. Need to get past this hurdle please. This is the second license I have purchased for this website. Thanks.

Hunter

Welcome back,

You refer to version ‘2.0.x’ and ‘3.12.x’, but your System Info shows 4.2.x (i.e. recent versions) for visityanktonsd.com.

• What site are you talking about with the 2.0.x and 3.12.x issues?
    • Can you share System Info for that specific site? I know you have described version numbers, but the full System Info would be helpful in providing us a more detailed picture of your site for investigating.
    • How many events do you have on your site, in your estimation? Hundreds per week, for example? Only one a day? Many thousands per month?

Thanks for the update and have a great evening.

Chad
    Participant

This reply is private.

Chad
    Participant

I really need help more than a single response every 24-36 hrs. Not sure how I’m supposed to take care of my clients like this.

Chad
    Participant

Just realized the config I sent you had 4.0 installed. I can assure you what I listed is correct regarding pro plugin issues between 3.11 and 3.12. PLEASE HELP! I am willing to give you cpanel and wp creds if needed I just need this thing fixed.

George
    Participant

Hey Chad,

Thank you for your patience and cooperation here.

You have nearly 9,000 events, which is a lot. If you are experiencing poor performance, it is likely resulting from the quality of web hosting you are using. Are you using super-charged, excellent web hosting? Cheap shared-server hosting? This matters greatly. We definitely are working to improve the performance of our plugins, and our code is somewhat to blame and can be approved.

However, if you are experiencing awful performance and server timeouts, then most of this is likely happening because of your server and web hosting configuration.

I understand your frustration with the pace of support and am genuinely sorry for the inconvenience of that. To make each reply more efficient, I am going to ask multiple questions and recommend multiple things here as follows. Can you please address each question in your reply? Thanks!

1. Can you please clarify what hosting company you are using to host your site? If it is a hosting company, what tier of hosting from that company, specifically, are you using? Please share a link to their website. If you are hosting the website on our own server, let us know.

2. Can you please ensure that your sites are using the most recent version of The Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro? The most recent version of The Events Calendar is 4.2.7. The most recent version of Events Calendar Pro is 4.2.6. On the site you shared system information for, the sys info shows version 4.0 for both plugins.

3. Can you please clarify in what time-span these 8,000+ events take place? Are they all in one month, for example? Two months? Over five years? etc.

Thank you for your patience with all of this, Chad. We will try to provide expedited support times on this thread despite the approaching weekend.

Sincerely,
    George

Chad
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Chad.
    George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Chad
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

Chad
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • The topic ‘Pages loading extremely slow after upgrading.’ is closed to new replies.