Page Title – Events Archive Page (H1 / H2) Customize?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Page Title – Events Archive Page (H1 / H2) Customize?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Aaron
    Participant

Hello The Events Calendar Support,

I’m having difficulty altering the ONLY the page title (h1) on my overall Archive page. I’ve been going through your documents and forums and unfortunately nothing I’ve tried has worked. The closest attempt is with this thread: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/calendar-page-shows-event-title/ which ended up changing both the H1 and the H2: and I could not alter it so it affected one and not the other.

This is my goal:
    I want the H1 – Page title to say something different (static text)
    I want the H2 – to stay as is, _ Events for: MONTH, YEAR_

If you could direct me to what files or code I need to add that’s fine. Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated.

(Note- The URL I provided is only using the free version of the events calendar: I didn’t include the URL as I do not want that posted publicly)

Victor
    Keymaster

Hey there, I’d be happy to help!

First off, I do want to note that we are fairly limited in how much we can support custom development questions like this.

That said, I’d be happy to at least point you in the right direction as best I can. We also have a list of freelancers who we would happily recommend for this level of help.

You should check the function tribe_get_events_title() which is used get the title of the page, depending on which page it is. You can use the ‘tribe_get_events_title’ filter to customize the output of that function.

The markup for the title depends on the calendar view, so you will have to make a template override of the views you want to change by following this guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

I hope that helps and let me know if you have other questions.

Cheers!
    Victor

Aaron
    Participant

Hi Victor,

Thanks for the quick reply, I understand that you are fairly limited in what you can tell me but I think I’m much closer then I was previously. The only issue I’m facing now is calling the correct month/year via the month calendar mode (which is the only mode I am using).

This string can’t apply, as when the user clicks back and for between months, the incorrect information appears.
    <?php the_date('F Y'); ?>

I found this resource relating to tribe_get_date_option, https://theeventscalendar.com/function/tribe_get_date_option/. Would it be at all possible for you to tell me what <?php related string I need: or if you could point in the right direction again I would greatly appreacite it.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hey Aaron!

I’m glad to hear you are making progress with that!

I’m not sure I understand what you mean. Going back to your previous message, maybe I misunderstood what you wanted to accomplish.

So you want to only add a static HTML like

<h1>static title</h1>

above the default

<h2><?php tribe_events_title() ?></h2>

only for the month view?

Perhaps you can tell what you’ve done so far and provide me with a link to see the result or even send me some screenshots. If you want, you can always mark your message as private so others cannot see it.

Thanks,
    Victor

Aaron
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Aaron
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Aaron
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Page Title – Events Archive Page (H1 / H2) Customize?’ is closed to new replies.