One parent books for multiple kids to attend multiple events

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions One parent books for multiple kids to attend multiple events

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Darryl

Gday there, I’m wondering is the following scenario possible using these tools:

On an existing school website, WordPress and WooCommerce (in use already) where one parent can book and pay for 1 or more of their kids to attend 1 or more events each, collecting specific data for each kid.

For example, in one shopping session (one payment) Mum books one event for her son Tommy, providing his name, age, allergies, etc, and also books 3 events for daughter Mary, supplying her data as well (but not supplying it 3 times), and pays for it online.

Thanks for any help with this, much appreciated!

cheers

Darryl

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Darryl,

Thanks for checking out our plugins!

Using Event Tickets Plus (which uses WooCommerce to handle the checkout process), you can indeed collect additional information from attendees. And since tickets are essentially WooCommerce simple products, you can add multiple tickets from different events to the cart and check out just one time. However, in your scenario, Mum would have to enter the additional information for Mary on each separate ticket that she purchases. If a ticket has fields set to collect additional information, then the fields will display for each attendee on each ticket.

We do offer full refunds within 30 days of purchase, so if you’d like to take Event Tickets Plus for a test run, feel free to do so! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Michele Justin
    Participant

Thanks for your help Jennifer. I’ve been the developer on the website, and since we had a tonne of info to collect (names, dob, allergies, foods, acknowledgments, caveats, etc.) we ended up using Tickets Plus to collect only one field (child name), and then we used ‘WooCommerce Checkout Manager’ to modify only the checkout page, allowing multiple conditional fieldsets to collect the extra information per child (eg. 4 children, potentially with 20 or more tickets). It was quite complex but seems to be doing the job.

Thanks for your help
    cheers
    Darryl (for Michele, original forum poster).

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Daryl,

I’m glad to hear you were able to find a solution, and thanks for sharing it here – I’m sure other users will find this helpful as well. If you run into any issues or have any questions with Event Tickets Plus, please let us know!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘One parent books for multiple kids to attend multiple events’ is closed to new replies.