"One event on invalid date at [time]" error on recurring events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO "One event on invalid date at [time]" error on recurring events

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    kshein
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m experiencing the same issues as described here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/one-event-on-invalid-date-at-time-showing-after-updating-recurring-event/

My recurring events are not appearing in my calendar, and I’m guessing it’s because the dates aren’t being saved properly. Check out my screenshot for a visual.

Without this functionality, the only solution I’m seeing at the moment is to make separate events for all occurrences of this (should be) recurring event.

Any help in troubleshooting this would be appreciated, and a fix would be even better.

Thank you!

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/one-event-on-invalid-date-at-time-showing-after-updating-recurring-event/

Hunter

Hey Lesley 🙂

Welcome back and thank you for being so descriptive about the issue you’re experiencing and for providing the screenshot and link you believe to be relevant. Before I’m able to provide much support, I’ll need you to review our Testing for conflicts guide and let me know what you find. To ensure I’m not missing anything I did a quick check of our logged bug reports but am not currently finding anything relevant to your issue. I’ve also contacted Barry to see if he can provide more information about his response in the conversation you linked to.

Can you review our PRO Recurring Events tutorial to ensure you’re creating valid recurrence rules?

Once I have that information from you I’ll have a better idea on how to proceed. Thanks again and have a pleasant rest of your weekend. Cheers!

kshein
    Participant

Hi there.

I migrated a copy of the website to my own localhost for testing. I deactivated all plugins except for The Events Calendar and The Events Calendar Pro. I also reverted the theme to TwentyFifteen.

However I am still receiving the same issue when saving dates for recurring events that fall under the “once” category.

Check out my attached screenshot for a visual of what’s happening, along with some additional explanation.

Note that this issue isn’t happening for events that have a defined recurring pattern (i.e. first Thursday of every month, every Monday, etc…) It’s only happening for recurring events that have no particular order to when they happen so all instances are set as “once.”

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help troubleshoot this issue. I don’t think I’m the only one with this particular problem.

Thanks!

Hunter

Thank you for the update 🙂

I went ahead and attempted to reproduce the behavior on my test site but I’m not running into any issues. Can you send a screenshot of your WordPress > Settings > General > Timezone, Events > Settings > General > Timezone Settings, and Events > Settings > Display > Date Format Settings screens?

Would you mind testing again on your test site, but please make sure WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG are enabled on your site’s wp-config.php file. Any errors will display at the top of your page as you try to reproduce the conflict. I also recommend right-clicking your mouse and opening the ‘Inspect’ tool to see if any errors display in the console. Note what you find and please include it in your reply.

Lastly, could you set up a fresh WP install and attempt to reproduce the behavior once more? Make sure you’re doing this test on a completely new website. This would be extremely helpful, so please let me know if it’s possible and if so, what the results are. Make sure WP_DEBUG is set to true and you’ve got your ‘Inspect’ browser console open and share any errors/notices you see.

Thanks again for your patience and rest assured we’ll get any conflicts identified, logged, and squashed as soon as possible. I imagine after I hear back from you I’ll have a pretty good idea what’s going on. Have a great rest of your day! Cheers 🙂

kshein
    Participant

Hi there.

Sorry for the belated response on this. The 3 screenshots that you requested are attached in this post.

For the “Timezone Settings,” I tried clicking the button to “update timezone data,” but that didn’t solve the original problem with the dates of my recurring events being saved improperly.

I’ve inspected the page in the admin panel multiple times and have yet to see any JS errors.

When I view the debug log, I see a series of messages relating to the use of a deprecated function in my theme. This is related to a number of custom widgets that the theme we’re using shipped with. An example of one of the messages looks like this:

[24-Feb-2017 22:28:25 UTC] PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget in custom_category is <strong>deprecated</strong> since version 4.3.0! Use <pre>__construct()</pre> instead. in /Users/evanscheingross/Sites/cbisd/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3891

However, when I switch themes the issue still persists.

I’ve also tried deactivating all plugins except The Events Calendar and the pro add-on, but that didn’t help either.

I will try setting up a new WordPress installation and test for the error once again.

kshein
    Participant

OK I set up a separate test website and got some surprising results. On this new test site, everything works fine.

However all dates are auto-populated with dashes instead of a slash. When the event is saved/updated everything saves properly and all instances of the recurring event appear in the calendar.

On our live site the dates auto-populate with slashes, but when the event is saved those dates become divided with dashes and I get an “invalid date” error.

Check out my screenshot attached for a visual explanation.

Really not sure what’s going wrong at this point. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

kshein
    Participant

OK I think we’re getting somewhere. I updated the “Datepicker Date Format” settings to use dashes instead of slashes. Check out my screenshot to see what I’m referring to.

Now my dates save properly and I don’t get any “invalid date” messages.

However my recurring events still aren’t appearing in my main event calendar – both in the “calendar” and the “list” view.

Maybe I need to do some kind of permalink refresh or cache clearing, or something else like that? I don’t know.

Hunter

Hello and thank you for the update.

Go ahead and try flushing your permalinks by visiting Permalinks and hit the “Save Changes” button. As of version 4.3.3 of TEC and PRO, I’m able to see recurring events using the “Once” option on my Month view.

There aren’t any bugs relating to recurring events “Once” rule, so please let me know what you find. Make sure WP_DEBUG is set to true and you’re using the browser ‘Inspect’ tool. Cheers!

kshein
    Participant

Thanks I think that did the trick!

Recurring event are now appearing as normal in the calendar.

I’m going to continue to test and ensure that everything is functioning properly, but so far, so good.

Hunter

That is great news! Please let me know how things end up and should you come across any new issues, please create a new thread and we’d be happy to look into things for you. Have a great rest of your week!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘"One event on invalid date at [time]" error on recurring events’ is closed to new replies.