On Demand Imports Not Working

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator On Demand Imports Not Working

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    theplasticdiaries
    Participant

Hello. I tried to run 12 on-demand imports yesterday and it’s still running the loading bar, showing no signs of progress for over 24hrs. I’ve attached a screenshot. I don’t know why it says the “When” section as early as this morning. Can you please advise how I get them to run or finish or what the problem is with this feature?

Hunter

Hello,

Welcome back. I took a look at our logged reports and located a bug report resembling the statement you made:

I don’t know why it says the “When” section as early as this morning.

I’ve attached this forum thread to the report for the developers to review while making improvements. In regards to the stuck import, can you please review our Testing for conflicts guide and reply back with your findings?

Thank you for your patience while we troubleshoot the ‘On Demand’ issue resolved. Stay tuned to your WordPress Admin dashboard and our Release Notes for maintenance release info.

theplasticdiaries
    Participant

Hello. I can’t proceed with the Conflicts Testing Guide because I’m currently unable to follow the process of deactivating all my plugins and restoring to the default theme. This will screw up too many other things that will cost me thousands of dollars to get put back in place. I’m having so many issues with your add-on plugins and I’m considering I just need to give up trying to make them work. The original free plugin worked fine for me, it’s only since these add-ons that I’m having so many issues. For now can you just tell me how I can cancel the pending ones?

Hunter

Welcome back,

The reason you’ll need to run through the Testing for conflicts guide is to ensure your theme and/or another plugin is not causing the import to get stuck. I’d recommend setting up a test environment so you can troubleshoot issues whenever they arise, not only for our plugins. Most theme and plugin authors require you to follow a similar set of steps to confirm the bug is relative to their product.

Once you’re able to do that, we will be able to proceed. Thanks for understanding and please keep me updated. Cheers 🙂

theplasticdiaries
    Participant

Yes I understand the reason we need to test for conflicts in order to find the issue. I’m saying that I no longer wish to investigate the issue to find a resolution. I’m filing for a cancellation and a refund. For now I just want to cancel the “import” that’s currently underway so I can return to using the free version of the Events Calendar. Can you please tell me how to do that?

Hunter

Hello,

Sorry to hear things just aren’t working out for you. Try the following steps below and let me know if the import cancels:

1. Backup site and database
    2. Remove Events Aggregator license from Events > Settings > Licenses
    3. Deactivate all Tribe plugins
    4. Delete all Tribe plugins
    5. Reinstall The Events Calendar plugin

Sorry again you had a difficult time with Events Aggregator and if you decide to attempt the troubleshooting, we’re here to help. If there is a bug, we’d love to document it so we can get a fix released as soon as possible.

Please keep me updated and if you’d like to proceed with the refund, please visit our Refunds page and we’d be happy to process that for you. Have a great evening.

theplasticdiaries
    Participant

Hello, Ok so if I delete the plugins, will this delete all the events I currently have listed? I assume so but I just want to check. I REALLY don’t want to have to do all that manual reentry if it can be avoided. Thanks

theplasticdiaries
    Participant

Ok I went ahead and deleted anyway and reinstalled. Everything returned exactly as was prior to deletion. The import progress bar is still running. What next?

Hunter

Hello,

Thank you for your patience. That method should have stopped the import, so it’s strange it did not. I am truly sorry you’re having to deal with this! I can imagine it’s a nightmare. Can you try installing a plugin like WP Crontrol to see if you can stop the stuck import? Please let me know if this makes a difference.

I’ve also brought this thread to the attention of my fellow support team members to see if they have any ideas on how to get this resolved. Keep me updated with your progress and I’ll have a response once I hear back from you.

Again, thank you for your patience while we troubleshoot the issue and have a great evening. Take care!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Nico

Hi there!

Just wanted to share with you that maintenance release 4.4.5 of our plugins is out, which includes a fix for this issue ?

If you remove the license for Events Aggregator the imports should stop running. And there’s also an option to do so in ‘Events > Settings > Imports > Event Aggregator Control’.

Find out more about the release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-4-5-event-tickets-4-4-5-premium-add-ons/

Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘On Demand Imports Not Working’ is closed to new replies.