Non-Commercial RSVPs for Community Events

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Non-Commercial RSVPs for Community Events

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Christine Board

Our site has a need for community event submissions that include RSVPs for free events, but no paid ticketing or ecommerce. It seems this is a function offered on the basic calendar by the basic Event Tickets plugin, with the primary difference between that and Event Tickets Plus being the addition of ecommerce platform integration for paid ticketing. Is there a way to have a similar setup for the Community Events, with RSVPs but no ecommerce options, without paying almost $250 per year for advanced ecommerce functionality we don’t need?

Caroline

Hi Christine,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out! I’m afraid that at this time, our Community Tickets plugin (which adds support for RSVPs and ticketing to Community Events) does require the Event Tickets Plus add-on, even for free RSVPs. I’m so sorry for the trouble. šŸ™ This is something that we’d like to address, so we’ve created a priority ticket in our system to correct this in a future update! Until then, if you’d like to enable RSVPs on community-submitted events without Event Tickets Plus, this workaround may be helpful:

1. Make sure that The Events Calendar, Event Tickets, Community Events, and Community Tickets are all installed and activated on your site.
    2. In your Community Events settings, under General, uncheck the box forĀ Allow anonymous submissions. This will restrict access to the Community Events submission form to registered users only.
    3. Under the Members heading of your Community Events settings, check the box forĀ Allow users to edit their submissions.
    4. Instruct your users to submit their events as normal.
    5. Once the event has been submitted, your users can log in to the WordPress backend and access their submitted events. When editing their event using the WordPress editor, they’ll have the option of adding RSVP tickets to the event.

For more information on the available settings for Community Events, check out our Knowledgebase article here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/community-events-settings/

Again, I’m sorry for the inconvenience here–I hope that this workaround might serve a useful stopgap until we’re able to provide a better solution! Let me know if you should have any other questions or concerns here. Cheers, and thanks again!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Non-Commercial RSVPs for Community Events’ is closed to new replies.