no photos after laste update

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator no photos after laste update

• This topic has 11 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Ludo Geukers.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ludo Geukers
    Participant

Hello,

Yesterday we installed the last update. And we were happy to see that Google maps are working now.
    But it comes with a price..This morning we had about 30 new events imported…all without photos again.

So what to do?

Please don’t ask me to shut down all plugins…

Best regards,
    Wim Reede

Barry

Hi Wim,

I’m really sorry to hear that.

I did just run a couple of tests using some Facebook events and found that the images were imported successfully (both during a manual run of the importer and with a scheduled import).

Can you confirm if you, too, are importing from Facebook – or is it a different service? Can you also share some links that I might use to test with?

Thanks!

Ludo Geukers
    Participant

Hello Barry,

yes we are talking over Facebook events.

This morning I had one link. I’m shutting down many imports as my technician has to fix the calendar again after the last update. It messed up the layout.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1394544513951123

Ik will send you more the next days for testing.

The updates from Tribal are scary. Never know how the calendar looks like and works after it.

Ciao
    Wim

Ludo Geukers
    Participant
    Barry

Hi Wim,

What’s odd is that – for me – they import successfully (featured image included).

I’m interested in learning more about your site: normally, the system information (shared at the start of the topic, or automatically if you allowed it) contains a list of active plugins and details about your theme – this appears to be missing however. If you’re willing to share this information, could you perhaps manually copy and paste this data, which is found in the Events → Help admin screen, into a private reply?

I do also note you tried deactivating all other plugins and switching to just a default theme. Sometimes, though, customers check those boxes before creating a support topic because they think they have to. For that reason I just want to confirm – did you run through that process (as outlined here) and was the result the same?

Thanks!

Ludo Geukers
    Participant

Hello Barry,

First: This morning we had several new imported events with photos and one without a photo. The one without photo had a photo in Facebook. have no idea why this one did not come. But after the first batch of about 30 events without photos it seems to work better.

Second: We still have after the last update that when we look at the calendar in photo view that the page(s) after the first page are a mess. It looks like it doesn’t load completly. When we refresh this messy page everything comes as it must be.

We shut down the plugins and could not discover any differences.

I will send in a privat mail the things you asked for.

We are looking forward to an solution.

Best regards,
    Wim Reede

Barry

There are times when Facebook will simply not supply us with images when requested (and we made a change recently to try again later in such a situation), so that could be a factor.

Second: We still have after the last update that when we look at the calendar in photo view that the page(s) after the first page are a mess. It looks like it doesn’t load completly. When we refresh this messy page everything comes as it must be.

This is a known bug and we hope to fix it soon: I’ll link this issue with the corresponding bug report and we’ll update you as soon as a fix is available.

George
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to post a quick note here that we have published a new Maintenance Release today that should address some of the problems with the Photo View reported in this thread.

You can read about the details of this release here → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-4-4-event-tickets-4-4-4-premium-add-ons/

I hope this update helps!

If issues persist, open a new thread in the forums and be sure to include your site’s complete, un-edited “System Information” as per the instructions in this knowledgebase guide.

Cheers,
    George

Ludo Geukers
    Participant

works fine again!

Barry

Glad to hear it!

That being the case I’ll go ahead and close this topic.

Our apologies for the issues to date: hopefully things will be less problematic going forward. Of course, if further problems arise please don’t hesitate to create a new support topic and one of the team will be only too happy to assist 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘no photos after laste update’ is closed to new replies.