new version of Event Aggregator available but your license key is invalid

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator new version of Event Aggregator available but your license key is invalid

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    heleen groeneweg
    Participant

Hello,

After an update to the newest WordPress version I got an internal server error on WordPress. Then I first removed and then manually uploaded events calendar pro.

And then I got this message:

There is a new version of Event Aggregator available but your license key is invalid.
    but my key is valid until sep. 2018

Also we cannot click events we got “This is somewhat embarrassing, isn’t it?
    It seems we can’t find what you’re looking for. Perhaps searching, or one of the links below, can help.”

So what can we do now?

The link is: http://www.deboeddhaboom.nl/events/

Hi Heleen,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue!  Can you try removing your Events Calendar PRO license under Events Settings < Licenses, and re-entering it into the Events Calendar PRO field?  When you do this, does it say “Valid Key!”?

If that doesn’t work, try flushing your permalinks by going to Settings < Permalinks and clicking Save Changes.

As for the 404 page that appears, do you have a custom 404 page?  Sometimes there are issues when that is the case.  Even if this is not the case, as a first step, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1.    A conflict with another plugin

2.    A conflict with your WordPress theme

3.    A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1.    Make a backup of your database

2.    Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

heleen groeneweg
    Participant

Hello Jaime,

Thank you for your quick reply. Removing and adding the license key just did the trick. And leave the field with ‘Event aggregator’ empty. What is that by the way? And why should I buy it beside the license fro Calendar Pro? I didn’t buy it before and don’t want to spend another $89,-?

Kind regards,

Heleen

Hi Heleen,

Event Aggregator is our import tool, where you can import events from multiple sources, in addition to what is already available to you with Events Calendar PRO.

Anyway, glad we could help to resolve your issue, you are welcome back in our support forums any time!

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Thanks,

Jaime

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘new version of Event Aggregator available but your license key is invalid’ is closed to new replies.