New version doesn't populate calendar on my home

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO New version doesn't populate calendar on my home

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Hello

When we updated our Event Calendar Pro and got its new license the calendar works on the events tab of our site. It does not however populate on the side panel on our home page anymore.

I don’t know why.

Can anyone assist with this?

George
    Participant

Hey @Chris,

Thanks for reaching out. There are several pieces of information that we should start this issue with.

First, you mention this:

It does not however populate on the side panel on our home page anymore.

1. How, specifically, did you power this side panel of events previously? Did you use a widget? Did you use custom code? Be specific.

2. Can you share a link to your home page so we can see it live?

3. Can you share your “System Information”? Here’s how to do that → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/. Be sure to share your complete system information, do not remove anything from it.

If you address each of these three points, that will help us get started with the investigation here to figure out what’s wrong.

Thank you!
    George

Chris
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Hey @Chris,

If you’re not certain how those events were generated, it’s unfortunately hard for us to assume how they were added, but it was most likely indeed a widget.

However, in your system information I noticed that Events Calendar Pro is not installed and activated on your site! Only The Events Calendar is.

So, I would recommend installing Events Calendar Pro anew on your site. You can get the files here → http://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads

Install, activate, and enter your license key on the site.

Then, head to Appearance > Widgets and drag over the “Events List Widget” where appropriate in your sidebars. Check out this article to learn about the available widgets and what they do → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/events-calendar-widgets/

I hope this all helps! 😀

Cheers,
    George

Chris
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Hey Chris,

If you get the “Destination folder exists” error, it is because there are folders from older installations of the plugin on your site that your server permissions did not allow for deletion of. This means that unfortunately you will have to do a manual “clean installation” of the plugin.

To do this, access the file structure of your site via FTP, and head to wp-content/plugins. Delete the Events Calendar Pro folder there. This will not delete event content.

Then, once that’s deleted, try installing again. If you’re not familiar with any terms I’ve used here, research them on Google.com for more information, like “how to install WordPress plugin via FTP” or something similar.

Next is this error:

The page “Events” uses the “/events” slug: the Events Calendar plugin will show its calendar in place of the page.

This is because, as the error says, you have a page that is using the /events slug already.

You cannot have a page using /events and then also try to have The Events Calendar generate a calendar at /events. You just cannot have two separate things using the same slug.

So, you would either have to delete the /events “Page” or change its slug, OR you can head to Events > Settings in your wp-admin and change the “slug” option for The Events Calendar.

— George

Chris
    Participant

Hello George,

Firstly I would like to indicate that the slug issue has been cleared up. This site is now
    using two separate slugs events and event respectively.

I am helping Chris with this site and find that we are still have a problem with one of the
    The Events Calendar PRO widgets. Both the “Upcoming Events” and “Featured Venue” widgets work properly,
    using the correct permalinks. When I tested the “Events Calendar” none of the links work correctly,
    even the forward and backwards buttons to navigating through months in the calendar itself. Those links as
    well as the links appearing directly on calendar days show up as columnsofknowledge.com/#

For redundancy the site is running WordPress 4.4.1 with the StereoClub Child Theme and there are no other
    issues with permalinks on the site, just that one widget. The plugin has been reinstalled during
    testing.

Chris
    Participant

Please excuse my manners, My name is Matthew. Cheers

George
    Participant

Hey Matthew (and Chris), thanks for the update here. Glad to hear the /events slug issue is resolved.

In regards to your other issues, can you link directly to the URL on your site where you see this issue:

Those links as well as the links appearing directly on calendar days show up as columnsofknowledge.com/#

I was not able to see this specifically on your site anywhere.

I took another closer look at your site and noticed a JavaScript error on your main /events page, the error is this:

TypeError: jQuery(...).prettyPhoto is not a function

It is coming from your theme, this file specifically:

http://columnsofknowledge.com/wp-content/themes/stereoclub-wpl/js/base.js

That is not something that is caused by The Events Calendar, but it is something that could break The Events Calendar’s own JavaScript which does seem to be the case.

So, from here I would recommend doing:

1. Sharing a URL to where the calendar URLs just show up as columnsofknowledge.com/#.

2. Fixing the JavaScript error in your theme; you can do this on your own or reach out to your theme developer for assistance here.

Thank you!
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘New version doesn't populate calendar on my home’ is closed to new replies.