New ticket form doesn't allow null start sale date/time

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus New ticket form doesn't allow null start sale date/time

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bruce williams
    Participant

The new 4.6.1.1 ET Plus ticket form will not allow a ticket to be saved with a null start sale date/time. Please fix.

Hi Bruce,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue.  I’m unable to replicate the issue on my end, so would you mind taking a screenshot of your ticket setup in the Edit Event page?

As a first step, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1.    A conflict with another plugin

2.    A conflict with your WordPress theme

3.    A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1.    Make a backup of your database

2.    Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Tabytha Rourke
    Participant

I am experiencing this issue as well. When creating a new ticket, if those fields are left blank, they are automatically filled in upon saving. It looks like they use the publish date for “Start Sale” and the event end time for “End Sale.” This is causing some issues with users on our site, and we would rather not have those filled in automatically.

Hi Tabytha,

You are correct.  If you do not fill in the Start Sale and End Sale times, the Start Sale will begin immediately (or to the nearest half hour) and the end sale will still be left blank.  If there is another Start Sale/End Sale time that you would like, you can edit it manually.  However, what you are seeing on your site is expected behavior.

If you have any further questions, I’d recommend opening up a new thread and replying in a private reply with your system information so that we can expedite the process.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

bruce williams
    Participant

That’s not the behavior that I’m observing. If the “Start sale:” date/time are left blank, the ticket form will not save and the start sale date box is outlined in red.

This is with the following plugins activated:

All In One SEO Pack
      Event Tickets
      Event Tickets Plus Extension: Enhance Woo Order Templates
      Event Tickets Plus Extension: Show and Print Tickets
      The Events Calendar
      The Events Calendar Extension: Add Phone to Attendee Lists
      The Events Calendar Extension: Current Month Link
      The Events Calendar Extension: Relabeler
      The Events Calendar PRO
      The Events Calendar: Remove QR Codes
      WooCommerce
      WooCommerce Cart Add-Ons
      WooCommerce Memberships

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for that information.  I am able to replicate the behavior that you are seeing on your site.  It seems that if you set an End Date, a Start Date must also be set in order to begin selling tickets. You can set a Start Date to sell tickets immediately.

If you do not set an End Date either, you will see that the ticket Start Date will automatically be an immediate time/date.

If you add in a Start Date (even a date of today), does everything work as expected?

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘New ticket form doesn't allow null start sale date/time’ is closed to new replies.