New import issues with your latest 8/17 update

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator New import issues with your latest 8/17 update

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    John Kwon
    Participant

Oh boy. Your latest update introduced new errors with Google Calendar imports, just as you and I had resolved the old issues.

1. Repeating events, regardless of the start-time in Google Calendar, now get changed to a start-time of 12:00am when imported (Early Dismissal each Tuesday, on my site).

2. Single event (in my case, the Back to School Night on Aug 30 from 2:00pm to 4:30pm) gets a start-time of 5:00pm of the previous day when imported, causing the event to span over two days.

You have all my info already, from the thread we resolved and closed just days ago.

John Kwon
    Participant

FYI, the info on my site now may not reflect all errors mentioned above. I had to manually correct these on the site, as we are LIVE now, with the school’s principal not being very happy about this. My fear is that the errors will be reintroduced when the auto import happens again.

John Kwon
    Participant

Geoff, for now, I’ve had to deactivate the iCal Importer plugin (which I’ve paid for). I hope these issues will be resolved so we may use Google Calendar at the school for event management. I’ve had to postpone training the school staff on its use.

Nico

Hi John,

Thanks for getting in touch with us, and sorry to hear about your issues with the iCal importer plugin 🙁

First thing to do is downgrade the plugin to the previous version if this was working for you → Downgrading a plugin to a past version.

Regarding the issue with start date, we have heard reports of the same issue from other users and we are actively looking into it. Can you please send over the feed URL you are using in a private reply? I would like to try and reproduce this issue in my local test site with your feed. Also, it would be great if you could share your system information with me so I can check if everything looks right on that end.

Sorry for the hassle with the import, I’ve linked this thread with the bug report so you’ll get an update when we have more info to share.

Thanks,
    Nico

John Kwon
    Participant

Nico,

Geoff had already received all my information from me in an earlier thread. I don’t want to repeat myself. Please see here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/recurring-all-day-events-from-google-calendar-via-ical-importer/

Nico

Thanks John! I’ll grab the info from that thread.

I could verify that this is not happening with iCal importer version 4.2.3, so go ahead and downgrade the plugin then you can re-import events. If you have a staging/dev site please test this with your feed before proceeding in the live site but it should correct the dates if you set the import to override existing events.

Thanks,
    Nico

Geoff

Hey there, just a heads up that we released iCal Importer 4.2.5 moments ago and it included a fix for this issue. Please do update when you have the chance and definitely let us know if you continue to have any issues at all.

Thanks so much for reporting this and for your patience while we worked on a fix.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘New import issues with your latest 8/17 update’ is closed to new replies.