New Events Cal Pro Upgrade Files Incorrect?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO New Events Cal Pro Upgrade Files Incorrect?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    First United
    Participant

Hi There,

Downloaded the zipped Calendar PRO update… but files look weird.

I have both “The Events Calendar” and “Calendar PRO” plugins. The update files that I downloaded for Calendar PRO are the same title as the event calendar. Thus when I try to upload via FTP it asks me if I want to replace the file.

Is this correct? Or are these the wrong files that I’m working with? Also, when trying to upload via the Plugin tool, it says file is too big.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out! I’d be happy to help you with this.

This does sound strange. If you download the upgrade from the Downloads section of your account, you should get the correct file (events-calendar-pro.4.4.8.zip). You can then unzip it and upload it via FTP. This article has some more detailed instructions on manually updating our plugins.

Let me know how that goes!

First United
    Participant

Thank you for your response Jennifer!

What I’m realizing is that I’m not even given the option to download the update for Calendar PRO. The files I’m able to download are associated with the recent update for The Events Calendar plugin which I’ve already updated via my Plugins dashboard in WordPress.

But I’ve purchased a license for Calendar PRO, so shouldn’t that downloadable update be available?

Please advise.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

First United
    Participant

Thank you Jennifer. I am checking with my team on that order number and will get back to you shortly.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Great! If you wind up needing help accessing another account, you can submit the form on our contact page by selecting “Help accessing my account”.

You can also check under Events > Settings > Licenses and see if you have a license key there for Events Calendar Pro. If so, you can copy and paste it into a private reply, and I can look up that license.

First United
    Participant

Jennifer,

Okay, I’ve received some more enlightening information from our team. We have purchased a license for Aggregator, but do not have one for Cal PRO.

However, we have installed The Events Calendar and Cal PRO plugins. If I deactivate either of them, our calendar disappears from our site. Soooo, I’ve updated The Events Calendar plugin, but cannot update Cal PRO without purchasing a new license. Is that correct?

In other words, what I bought with Events Aggregator is just the ability to import events from varying sources? But I still need a Cal PRO license in order to run Aggregator?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

I’m glad to hear you got it figured out! You are correct that you will need to purchase a new license to be able to upgrade Pro, and yes Event Aggregator is just for importing from multiple sources and scheduling imports. However, you do not need Pro to use Event Aggregator. The Events Calendar will accept the imports by itself.

If your calendars are disappearing when you deactivate Pro (and still have The Events Calendar activated), the most likely scenario is that those calendars are being displayed by a Pro feature like widgets or shortcodes.

Pro adds some nice features like those widgets and shortcodes, recurring events, and additional views like month and photo for your events, but not having it should not remove your existing events/calendars. If you are losing either of these with only The Events Calendar activated, could you please share your system info with me? I’d be happy to take a look and see what’s going on!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘New Events Cal Pro Upgrade Files Incorrect?’ is closed to new replies.