Need to know the date for a ticket purchase

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Need to know the date for a ticket purchase

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Darren Doyle
    Participant

Hi. I have a series of events over a few days.
    When a customers buys a ticket I need to know on which date they intend to attend?
    Inside woo commerce I can see the order info but the ticket doesn’t seem to be tied to a specific day and time?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Darren,

Each event with tickets has its own attendees screen, which lets you see the tickets that have been purchased for each event. From the WooCommerce order, you can click on the ticket, which will take you to the product page for the ticket, and you can see the event that the ticket was purchased for (see screenshot).

However, it sounds like you might be using tickets on recurring events? If so, recurring events do not currently support tickets for individual dates in the series. You can add tickets to the series itself, and they will appear on each date in the series, but it is actually the same ticket for all dates – there is unfortunately no way to tell which date users intended to buy the tickets for.

We are working on improving this for future releases however. I would recommend casting your vote on the feature request here, which will help you stay up to date as we make progress on implementing this.

For now, I would recommend breaking the events from the series and then adding tickets to each date, or you could also use the custom fields that come with Event Tickets Plus to allow users to enter the date manually. However, there would not be any type of validation with this method to check to see how many tickets were left for that particular date, etc.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Darren Doyle
    Participant

Wow. That really sucks.
    If I do as you suggest and break all events from the series will I have to go back an individually re-apply tickets to each single event?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Unfortunately you would have to add the tickets to the events individually. I wish I had a better answer for you, but at the moment, tickets are not really supported by recurring events.

However, this is one of our most highly-requested features, and we are currently working on supporting it for future releases!

Darren Doyle
    Participant

That is a huuuuuge shortcoming.
    How do I go about getting a refund?

Darren

Jennifer
    Keymaster

I’m sorry it’s not working the way you need it to! We are working on improving this for the future, but for now, you can fill out the form on this page to request a refund.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Need to know the date for a ticket purchase’ is closed to new replies.