Need to Add content to form

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Need to Add content to form

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    calendarsb
    Participant

I need to add content to the event submission form. How do I edit the form and is there a shortcode that will allow me to insert the form into any page on my website?

Thanks,

Amy

Rick
    Participant

I also have the same requirement. We need to have additional fields added upon a new event submission request. For example, we also would like to have drop-downs, radio buttons and check boxes with pre-popluated values. How can this be done?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Amy!

There is not currently a way to add additional fields to the submission form without a customization. Sorry for the bad news there! If you would like to give the customization a shot, our themer’s guide is the place to start. The template for the submission form can be found at wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/community/edit-event.php.

Events Calendar Pro lets you create custom fields for events, which will show up on the event submission page, but these fields will be the same for all events (created from the front end and back). Rick, you can create checkboxes, dropdowns, and radio buttons, but setting default values would require a customization.

Unfortunately there is not currently a shortcode for the event submission form. We do have an open feature request for this, so please do cast your vote for it! This helps us gauge user interest in new features and help guide future development efforts.

I’m sorry I don’t have a better answer for you here, but please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Rick
    Participant

Thank you the reply. As it turns out that is exactly what I ended up doing. Take a look at http://clermontbattalion.com.

I noticed that if custom fields have do data they don’t show, so it works perfectly for my use case.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Excellent, I’m glad this is working for you Rick!

Amy, please let me know if this will work for you as well and if there is anything else that I can help with.

Thanks,

Jennifer

calendarsb
    Participant

This is not working for me I don’t see any guideline for editing the form. This is really disappointing especially for such an expensive plugin! Please tell me exactly how to add text to the form.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Amy,

Currently the only way to edit the form (besides using the additional fields) is to edit the template, which you can find at wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/community/edit-event.php. Our themer’s guide has instructions on how to copy the template into your child theme. Once you do that, you can edit the template there, and that template will override the default one from the plugin. This also helps ensure that your changes will not be erased when you update the plugin.

We are a bit limited in the amount of support that we can provide for customizations, but if you get stuck, please let me know exactly what you’re trying to add and where, and I’ll be happy to point you in the right direction!

calendarsb
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

I went ahead and added the text in for you here, right above the submit button. So you can copy that template into [your-theme]/tribe-events/community/edit-event.php.

Note that you will need to create the “tribe-events” and “community” folders in your child theme, and then you can save the file I sent you as “edit-event.php” in the “community” folder.

Can you give this a try and let me know if it works for you?

Thanks,

Jennifer

calendarsb
    Participant

Thank you this did work to add the disclaimer. My client also needs to add a section to request the contact information from the person submitting the event. How do I edit the section for the Event description where it says (required) to say please include your name and email?

I do not see a way to edit this text in the edit-event.php

Thank you

Jennifer
    Keymaster

I’m glad that you got the disclaimer added in! For the custom fields, the simplest method would be to use the additional fields that come with Events Calendar Pro. Otherwise, this would require a fairly in-depth code customization that is outside of the scope of support we are able to provide here in the forums. If you’d like to test this out, we do offer full refunds within 30 days of purchase, so feel free to do so! If it’s not what you’re looking for, we’ll be happy to process a refund for Events Calendar Pro. Alternatively, we do have a list of recommended developers that you could contact if you would like to have the code done for you.

If you just want to change the text, you can make a copy of the wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/modules/description.php. You can add in a message there to ask users to provide their contact info in the description box. For example, you can do something like the following:

Please include your name and contact info.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Need to Add content to form’ is closed to new replies.