Multiple tickets affecting global ticket number

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Multiple tickets affecting global ticket number

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ross
    Participant

Hi Modern Tribe team

I am having problems with the way the global ticket quantity is displayed on the events calendar. I am finding that when I create several tickets with different rules the global capacity for the event is the wrong capacity.

For example I have a limited capacity for an event (a max of 12) and wish to sell two different tickets that share the same capacity and l want to offer an optional ‘bolt-on’ ticket (also a max of 12) however I don’t want the bolt-on ticket capacity to affect the capacity fi the other tickets or the global ticket capacity displayed on the events calendar.

I have tried different rules for this such as setting the two tickets to share their capacity and setting the bolt-on to have it’s open independent capacity however this shows the global capacity as 24 on the events calendar. I have also tried setting the bolt-on to have an unlimited capacity however the global capacity shown in the events calendar is blank.

Please note that the url I have included is a for a site that is under development.

I look forward to your response.

Kind regards

Ross

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Ross,

I’m sorry that you’re running into this issue, but I’ll be happy to help you figure out what’s going on.

First, can you tell me if you are using WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads, or Tribe Commerce for these tickets? Can you send me a screenshot of the ticket settings for an event where this is happening? Please note that if you reply via email, attachments will not come through – you will need to login and upload the images directly to the thread.

Finally, can you share your system info with me as well?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Ross
    Participant

Hi Jennifer

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I am using WooCommerce.

Screen shots as follows:

1 – Back end view of the tickets that have been created in WP

2 – Front end ‘event view’ of tickets – note that there are three ticket types with the first two sharing the capacity of 12 tickets and and the third has an independent capacity of 12 tickets.

3 – Front end ‘list view’ of event – note that this shows 24 tickets however I need it to show 12 tickets

I have now turned system information sharing on.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Kind regards

Ross

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Ross.
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Ross,

Thanks for sending that over! I understand what you are referring to now…Although I see why in this case you would want the total event capacity to show as 12 (in your third screenshot), the total number of tickets for the event is 24, since two tickets share a capacity of 12 and the third ticket has a separate capacity of 12. So, since things are technically working as intended here, the only way to change this would be to dive into the code and do a customization. If you’d like to give it a shot, our themer’s guide is the place to start. We also have a list of recommended developers that you could contact if you would like to get help with the code.

Alternatively, you could hide the quantity remaining entirely with either CSS or a template override (which our themer’s guide has instructions for).

Our ticketing plugins don’t currently support product “add-ons” like you’re trying to accomplish with your third ticket, but as tickets are essentially WooCommerce simple products, you could try using a third-party add-on to get this type of functionality.

I’m sorry I don’t have a simpler solution for you here, but please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Ross
    Participant

Hi Jennifer

Thank you for your response.

No problem. I suspected this might be the case and that I was asking quite a lot of the ticketing plugin!

Thank you the different recommendations for helping with our requirements. These are all very helpful so I’ll take a look at each option and go from there.

Thanks once again for your help.

All the best

Ross

Ross
    Participant

I’ll close this ticket now. Thanks.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

No problem! This is actually a fairly popular request, and many of our users do use WooCommerce extensions in conjunction with tickets. This article, which provides some code to allow you to sell tickets from the default WooCommerce page, might also be helpful in getting set up with one of the add-ons (the default ticket form on events pages does not work out-of-the-box with add-ons).

I’ll go ahead and close this out, but feel free to open up a new thread if you have any other questions!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Multiple tickets affecting global ticket number’ is closed to new replies.