Multiple days events are not imported correctly

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Multiple days events are not imported correctly

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    gesine
    Participant

Hi there,

I’ve installed event aggregator on a client’s website to import all events from his google calendar to the website calendar. Unfortunately, some of the events lasting more than one day are not imported correctly: the date range is wrong and the beginning and the end is changing with every new import.

For your information and investigation: I’ve set a daily automatic import (three months range). For one or two times we did a manual import for the period of two years and reseted the settings afterwards back to the recommended range of three months. We chose the option of overwriting the website events with changes of the original source (google calendar).

Can you help? Thanks in advance and
    best regards from Germany!
    Gesine

Andras
    Keymaster

Hallo Gesine, Guten Morgen!

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’m sorry about the import issue, I can try to help you solve this.

To be able to better support you I will need some extra information.

• Can you please share your system information with me?
    • What is the URL you are importing from? I would like to test it to see the issue.
    • What is the event / are the events you are having a problem with? How should they be imported? How are they actually imported?

With this information at hand we should be able to get started.

Danke und Grüsse
    Andras

gesine
    Participant

Hi András,

thanks for your reply.

I’ve now checked the box to share the system information with the support team.

I am importing from a google calendar. The URL: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/b93tup1ourkkn3kebndgvuj40o%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

If you may check the current calendar on the website (https://gymnasium-meine.de/kalender/) you see the event “Osterferien” (Easter Holidays). In the original source the date is set from 19th of March until the 3rd of April. My client reports that these holidays change from day to day with every new import and are “carried” one day forward. The same happens obviously to some other events which take more than one day.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi,

That behavior of the import is definitely unusual. I started investigating the issue, I will need a couple of days (at least one overnight) for it, so the daily scheduled import runs. I will get back to you with my findings as soon as possible.

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to retrieve your system information. That happens sometimes with some server restrictions. Would you be so kind to paste the full sysinfo in a private reply here in the meantime? That would be much appreciated.

MfG
    Andras

gesine
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Gesine,

Thanks for this.

The feed re-imported today and so far there is no change in Osterferien. I will check what happens tomorrow and will let you know.

Cheers,
    Andras

gesine
    Participant

Hi András,

thanks for the information! But even if the event from now on doesn’t change anymore it needs to be clarified WHY the shift of this event could happen so far…

Thanks in advance for your kind help!
    Gesine

Andras
    Keymaster

Guten Morgen Gesine,

Yes, you are absolutely right in that. I already started another test to try to figure this one out. I will share with you the results as I go.

With the first test I set up 2-3 days ago (importing your calendar with Osterferien) I was not able to reproduce the issue. Even after the second day the whole event is where it should be, it wasn’t moved.

This can be a sign that our plugin is working well, and that this glitch might be specific to your site. I’m running the 2nd test to fully confirm this. I set up a multi-day event starting from tomorrow in a test gCal and I set up a daily import. In 1-2 days, once the event starts, we will see what happens.

In the meantime I would have couple more questions for you:

Does this behavior happen to all your multi-day events, or only some, or only to Osterferien?

Are the non-multi-day events OK?

Could you possible share with me a screenshot of how Osterferien is set up in gCal? If there is sensitive information in it than you can share it in a private reply. Then only you and our support team will have access to it.

Cheers,
    Andras

gesine
    Participant

Hi András,

thanks for your reply. Acutally, I didn’t inspect every multi-day-event (there are a lot of them). But I can name you two more which are imported incorrectly: “Frankreich-Austausch (PMG in Colmar)” (missing completely, should have been 2018-01-08 – 2018-01-26 from gCal) and “Weihnachtsferien” (2017-12-22 – 2018-01-13 on the website calendar which is 7 days longer than in gCal). I made a screenshot for each of the three wrongly imported events.

Oviously, not all multi-day-events are affected: I first thought the shorter ones are imported correctly and the longer ones are wrong. BUT: the six-weeks-summer holidays e. g. are imported correctly! Honestly: I can’t find a law for this!

Single-day-events seem to be okay anyway.

Hope, that helps! Thanks for your work!

Gesine

Andras
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing those as well, Gesine!

My test imports are still working well, my test multi-day event didn’t move yet.

Frankreich-Austausch (PMG in Colmar) missing completely

When you try a manual import starting Jan 1, then can you get the ‘Frankreich-Austausch’ event imported? Does it show up in the preview and does it get imported?

If not, then it might have been imported before and has been put on the ignored list.

I know this is not a solution for the future, rather a solution to get it in the calendar now.

“Weihnachtsferien” (2017-12-22 – 2018-01-13 on the website calendar which is 7 days longer than in gCal

I checked and this is actually 2 separate events in your calendar. One from Dez 22 to Jan 5 and another from Dez 30 to Jan 13.

So it looks like it has been imported twice, with different dates.

Was there anything changed for these events in gCal between imports?

Could you send me a full database dump of your site? That should contain information on when these events were imported. Then I might be able to check what happened during the import.

Schönes Wochenende!

Andras

gesine
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

i don’t get an error but the website calendar still doesn’t show it.

Does “Frankreich-Austausch” show up on the back-end in the event list?

If yes, then is it set to published?

If it doesn’t then please go the the list of the ignored events, and check if it is there maybe. That can be the reason of the event not being imported if it shows up in the preview. Here’s a screenshot of where you can find the ignored events: https://cloudup.com/c231UC3jOpI

Weihnachtsferien

Indeed weird. My tests are still working properly after the weekend.

I’ll check if there is anything in the database.

Please keep your eyes open and if this happens again, let me know.

The website still ran with PHP5.6

That shouldn’t be a major issue. Our plugins still support that version. Of course in the long run it is recommended to upgrade to 7.x

I exported a full database dump.

Thanks, I got it. Will dig into it to see if I can find something. Please give me a day or 2 for this. I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Gesine,

This is what I could find out from your database:

Weihnachtsferien:

The original was created on November 8. The second was created on December 20. I guess an import was running and something happened and it got duplicated. I will need some time to dig into the imports.

The Frankreich-Austausch is not in the database, but I found it like “Frankreichaustausch (PMG in Colmar)”. The event ID is 7001 and it is on the ignored/hidden list. Please check your Ignored list (as recommended above) and look for it there. Then un-ignore it.

Osterferien: No clue at the moment what could have happened. For this I will also need some time, need to dig into the imports on our side.

Let me know if you manage to find the Frankreichaustausch.

Grüsse,
    Andras

gesine
    Participant

Hi Andràs,

yes, you are right! The event was in the ignored list and I managed to unignore it. Until you told me about I didn’t even know of this list!

I’ll wait for further results of your investigation! Thanks for taking this issue serious!

Have a great weekend!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hallo,

Happy to hear you found the event. Awesome!

I’ll get back to you with my findings as soon as I can. In the meantime if you see anything unusual happening again, please let me know.

MfG

Andras

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘Multiple days events are not imported correctly’ is closed to new replies.