multi vendor store with subscription

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions multi vendor store with subscription

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    nick

hello, i would like to make a multi vendor store with subscription for the event managers. how can this be done and what products must i purchase?thanks

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

Thanks for checking out our plugins!

Community Events will let users submit events from the front end, and you have the option to require them to be signed in to do so. This will let you control which users have access to this feature. When you say subscriptions, do you mean charging users periodically to have access to submit events? This is not a feature that is currently available (although it definitely sounds like a good feature – I would recommend posting it over in out Feature Idea Forum), but you might be able to use WooCommerce Subscriptions to get this set up. Our ticketing plugins use either WooCommerce or Easy Digital Downloads to handle the checkout process, so if you go with Woo, you’ll be able to use some of their extensions in conjunction with our plugins.

If you would like users to be able to sell tickets to their events, you will need Event Tickets Plus and Community Tickets. With Event Tickets Plus, you can charge a per-ticket fee, or “commission”, for each of your users’ tickets that is sold on your site. This guide has some more information on how this feature works.

We do offer full refunds within 30 days of purchase if you’re not satisfied with the products, so feel free to test them out and see if they’ll work for you! If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Sid

Can Community Pages be branded?

1) A community poster would like to have their own page showing just their events
    2) Their own branded cart / ticket purchase / ticket management pages

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Sid,

Great question!

If the users posting events set themselves as the organizer, there will be a page listing all of the events for that organizer by default (this guide has some more information). However, customizing this page for each organizer would require a but of a customization to the plugin, as all of the organizer pages use the same page template.

Since the checkout process is handled by WooCommerce/Easy Digital Downloads, changing the appearance of the cart would need to be done from those platforms (although I am not aware of a way to brand it – based on the tickets in the cart – using the default features of either platform). One thing to note is that the cart/checkout pages apply to the whole site, and if you are using WooCommerce and have other products besides tickets on your site, the products and tickets will all wind up in the same cart. Another thing to consider in attempting to set up custom organizer checkout pages/processes would be how to handle tickets being added to the cart for multiple organizers at one time.

I hope that helps clear things up, but if you have any further questions, please feel free to open up a new thread!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Sid

Thanks Jennifer. That’s clear now.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Perfect!

Nick, just let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

Thanks,

Jennifer

nick

Hi Jennifer, thanks for the reply but how could i combine community events with woocommerce subscriptions?
    woocommerce subscriptions will create woocommerce user but what about community events user registration?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

Just to clarify, you are looking to have users subscribe to your site to be able to then create events on your site, is that correct? If so, Community Events has a setting to require users to be logged in  to your site to submit events. With this enabled, the issue would then be charging users who subscribe to (meaning create accounts on) your site. But once they had paid for their membership and were able to login, they would be able to create events (note that users would be creating accounts on your site, not individually to WooCommerce and Community Events).

Since our plugins do not come with functionality to control who can create an account on your site, you would need to find a third party plugin to handle the membership/subscription functionality.

I did a little bit of research, and it looks like WooCommerce Subscriptions might be able to do this for you. I found this article as well, which has some information on other options for paid memberships.

If you have any questions (or this isn’t the functionality you’re looking for), please let me know!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘multi vendor store with subscription’ is closed to new replies.