Multi-Site Help!!! – Licensing

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Multi-Site Help!!! – Licensing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Scott
    Participant

Hey there, here’s the scenario: Bought a single site license for several plugins such as EC Pro, Aggregator, Filter Bar, Community Events etc.

We then took the main site and went multi-site – splitting into 3 sites essentially.

* PROBLEM – Original key stopped working – it says “Multisite licenses are now available, looks like license is used on multisite, please visit XXX to upgrade”

I then upgraded to a Business (3 site license) as a temporary fix.

* PROBLEM – But that’s not working either, and it’s still demanding multisite license, WHICH I CANNOT FIND FOR THE 3 PLUGINS ANYWHERE.

So basically, despite spending a considerable amount on licenses:

* NONE OF THE 4 KEYS ARE WORKING
    * SITE IS STILL DEMANDING A MULTI SITE KEY
    * PLUGINS LIKE FILTER BAR ARE NOT WORKING

Would be grateful if you could please help me fix (and fix the financial issues that have occurred here) ASAP, as we have a major milestone in 48 hours.

Thanks

Courtney

Hi Scott

I’m seeing your account showing:

events-calendar-pro Business
    events-calendar-pro Personal

event-aggregator 100 Imports – 2 licenses of this

tribe-filterbar Business
    tribe-filterbar Personal

events-community Personal

Did you mean to purchase Business & Personal for Events Calendar Pro and Filterbar? It looks like combined, that would cover 4 sites within a multisite environment. If that was not your intention, we can help you work out a prorated upgrade price from personal to busines rather than the cost of personal plus business.

Event Aggregator is actually not website specific. That means you could use the same license across multiple sites. It would only deduct the number of scheduled imports, not single events imported.

When using a lesser license level on multisite (such as the business license), it will still prompt you for the upgrade to multisite. Due to the constraints of multisite in general, it doesn’t always understand using a lesser license there. You are permitted to do so, but will not necessarily receive update notifications in the dashboard from our plugins, and will need to update plugins manually. I really want to see that resolved soon.

As for the licenses not activating, we do have a known bug about this issue. Unfortunately, I do not have an estimated time solution for that. The plugin will work, but when you request support, please send along the System Info as a copy/paste private reply.

In regards to filter bar, are you trying to use it on whatever you’ve specified as your /events page? It is set to only work on those pages.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Scott
    Participant

Thanks, Courtney. I have 3 sites and only need 3 versions such as that a Business license would provide – can you please provide a phone # I can call ASAP to get finacing piece worked out?

Events Aggregator – how do I get the available number of imports up? And what happens to imports that exceed the 100 limit – do they just not get pulled? Essentially, we might want to pull say from 250-300 feeds per each of the individual 3 sites, though some might be weekly or monthly vs. daily – but again, the website does not make it easy to figure out where/how to get the right license, and we are now up against a major deadline.

License – so these are actually up and running? Have to know as again major public milestone is looming.

Filter – using it on category pages, e.g. events filtered by location or venue.

Also — seeing lots of red exclamation points on a lot of Import/History sources. What would be causing this? Trying to resolve ASAP, and will try and send a screen in a private message.

Please help! Up against a wall here.

Thanks,
    Scott

Scott
    Participant

This reply is private.

Courtney

This reply is private.

Scott
    Participant

This reply is private.

Courtney

Hi Scott, I believe Caroline (@mia-caro) might have emailed you reaching out already. I’m sorry if that didn’t go through somehow. I know she wants to confirm exactly which licenses should be refunded. I believe it’s the two personal licenses, and one of the the EA licenses, while working with you to upgrade the other EA license to the next tier up (if you anticipate that quantity of imports). Can you confirm this?

I’m researching your screenshot and error messages. I’ll let you know what I find.

Courtney

Hi Scott

Were you importing events from private Facebook events? Also, is your Facebook token currently active? This periodically times out (based upon Facebook’s settings) and needs a reconnection.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Caroline

This reply is private.

Scott
    Participant

Hi Courtney,

Thanks for swinging back. Per above, if business license covers the 3 sites, should be good to refund the personal items. Upgrade – it’s still unclear to me what it provides. Each of the 3 sites will be importing quite a lot of feeds (say 250-300, some of which may be weekly, monthly, or daily… just depends), but it’s unclear what the upgrade offers, how the limits on # of feeds work, etc.

And please do let me know on screens + errors ASAP. I am not importing private events, just public feeds, and yes the token is active. Some imports are throwing up errors while others are not.

Best,
    Scott

Scott
    Participant

This reply is private.

Courtney

Hi Scott, I’ve sent your response notice on to Caroline for when she is in for today.

Until then, I’d like to confirm with you regarding:

1. Event Aggregator – Were you importing events from private Facebook events? Also, is your Facebook token currently active? This periodically times out (based upon Facebook’s settings) and needs a reconnection

2. Filter Bar – were you able to get that working on /events?

Looking forward to getting you all set.
    Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Caroline

This reply is private.

Scott
    Participant

Hi Courtney,

Per earlier email response – no, these were not private events, and yes, the token is active. Hoping to get this sorted ASAP as no new events have been importing for a week or more, really need to resolve now.

Filter bar – need to test further.

Thanks,
    Scott

Courtney

Thanks Scott

Can you resend your System Info https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/ as a private reply?

Also, can you confirm that you’ve tried disabling all other plugins and using a default theme while activating Event Aggregator, per the Testing for Conflicts guide (https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/)?

I am seeking out additional support to help get this resolved quickly for you.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Multi-Site Help!!! – Licensing’ is closed to new replies.