Mobile View Not Working

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Mobile View Not Working

• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Ashlie.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ashlie
    Participant

The calendar is not taking the mobile view that I set it to in on the settings page at all.

I’ve found a thread in your forum that covers this issue (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/mobile-default-not-working/), and I can see that Yoast seems to be the culprit, but I can’t get the snippet you provided to work either. I know that you’re most likely still working on a fix for this, but is there a different temporary fix seeing how the snippet you provided in the forum above does not work on my site? I’ve tried all different views, and none of them seem to work correctly.

Ashlie
    Participant

If at all possible, I need this issue resolved ASAP, the site will go live in a few days and I would have to have the calendar working properly before I set it live.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to speed up the process .

Hunter

Hi and welcome,

Sorry to see the known bug is affecting your site and to add insult to injury, the patch is not working. I checked the report status and notes in hopes of learning more. It appears the issue arose around version 4.3, so you could downgrade to the version that best works on your site. Check out our Release Notes and plugin changelogs for more information.

Question: do things work correctly if you add the snippet from the thread you referred to to your default WordPress Twenty Seventeen theme’s functions.php file?

Hopefully we can get things squared away in time for your site launch. Keep me posted and have a great weekend ahead. Cheers!

Ashlie
    Participant

I tried it with the twenty seventeen & sixteen themes (with the snippet in the functions.php file) and neither of those worked. I don’t want to have to downgrade the plugin either – will that require me to re enter all of my events & custom settings for the calendar if downgrading is my only option?

Hunter

Happy Monday!

I don’t want to have to downgrade the plugin either – will that require me to re enter all of my events & custom settings for the calendar if downgrading is my only option?

No, your settings are saved in the database so by simply downgrading will not require you to re-set up the plugin. Again, I apologize I don’t have any other option other than downgrading at this time. Should that change before we’re able to get a release shipped, I’ll be sure to update you here.

Let me know should you decide to downgrade if you run into any troubles. Have a good day πŸ™‚

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 5 March 2018) is out, including a fix for this issue πŸ™‚

Find out more about this release β†’ https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-5-march-2018/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Mobile View Not Working’ is closed to new replies.