Mobile Default not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Mobile Default not working

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Tamara.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tamara
    Participant

I am setting mobile default to ‘list’ and it still shows up as ‘month’. Any thoughts?

This transition to Events Calendar Pro because the two main reasons we purchased the license were for : list default on mobile (while maintaining month view on desktop) AND recurring events (which we are having huge issues with and were told to contact Yoast).

Nico

Hey Tamara,

Thanks for getting in touch with us and sorry to hear about the issue with Yoast 🙁

Unfortunately I’m mostly sure this is also a conflict with Yoast as well. We have a logged ticket to fix this and the plan is to include this fix in the upcoming maintenance release (take a look to our release schedule).

For now this can be temporarily fixed by placing this snippet in your theme’s (or child theme’s) functions.php file:

/* Tribe, temp fix for Yoast conflict for default mobile view */
    add_filter( 'wpseo_canonical', function( $canonical_url ) {
    global $wp_query;

return ! empty( $wp_query->tribe_is_event_query ) && wp_is_mobile()
    ? Tribe__Events__Main::instance()->getLink( tribe_get_mobile_default_view() )
    : $canonical_url;
    } );

Please let me know if that helps for now,
    Best,
    Nico

Tamara
    Participant

Thank you! Wow, you all must get this a lot since so many people use Yoast.

Nico

Thanks for confirming Tamara!

Wow, you all must get this a lot since so many people use Yoast.

Yeah, I thought the same when I found the bug report. But there are not many occurrences of the bug logged, so that’s good!

Anyway, stocked to hear this helps for now 🙂

I’ll leave the thread in ‘Pending Fix’ status so you’ll get a follow-up once this is fixed + released.

Thanks,
    Nico

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Tamara!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 5 March 2018) is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-5-march-2018/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Mobile Default not working’ is closed to new replies.