Mobile view can not be changed into otherview through views bar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Mobile view can not be changed into otherview through views bar

• This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Hassan.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Hassan
    Participant

Hi there,

at first I could not get the mobile view the selected view in the plugin settings.

After adding this https://gist.github.com/GeoffEW/ad2d0879e2daec631074e2e15c0a9852 there was some progress in the process.

Now it is not possible to open other views (list, month etcetera) when selected on a mobile phone.

How can we fix this?

Thanks and greetings,

Hassan

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Hassan!

Thanks for coming back to us. Let me help you with that issue.

Could you please share with us your system information by following this guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/ ? We’ll try to replicate the issue on our end and see what we find.

Are you using Yoast SEO plugin? If so, could you please try deactivating it and removing the code snippet and see if any difference? Let us know about it.

Thanks,
    Victor

Hassan
    Participant

Hi Victor!

thanks for helping out.

the checkbox for sharing system information is now marked and should work.

I deactivated the Yoast Seo and the calendar is now working as it should. I don’t know how to remove the code snippet. The day view as set in settings is showed at first in mobile view. Is there a way around this so that if I perhaps still want Yoast activated and that the events calendar keeps working like when the Yoast SEO plugin is deactivated?

I also want to ask if there is a way to adjust the mobile view of the calendar? The table of with all the dates in mobile view is too big now. I want it to be smaller and that the two digits of the date (for example 10th of month) are placed next to each other instead of under each other. How can I adjust the size (width, height) and other cosmetical settings of the table and where to do so. Perhaps by using @ media? And how do I use @ media and where do I place @ media?

Also why is the calendar first shown in month view before switching to day view (as set in settings) while loading? Can we fix this?

Thank you and greetings,

Hassan

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Hassan!

Thanks for following up with this.

I have been able to track down a report for this conflict with Yoast SEO. Like you say, when Yoast is activated, the mobile view setting will no longer work.

The code snippet you shared is the one we have in place as a workaround for the moment. You mention that you see some progress with it, could you explain this? Does it work for you or do you still experience problems. Please let me know.

In the meantime, I have linked this thread to the report so we can let you know once we have a fix for it.

Regarding the month view in mobile where you see the numbers one below the other, that is mostly sure a theme issue. I can see there are theme styles applying to the calendar elements. You can verify this by switching to a default theme and see if it shows properly.

I could correct that issue by adding the following CSS styles:

@media (max-width: 479px) {
       .tribe-events-calendar td div[id*="tribe-events-daynum-"] {
          padding: 0;
       }
    }

It might be necessary to add the !important statement to the style if it doesn’t work.

Also why is the calendar first shown in month view before switching to day view (as set in settings) while loading? Can we fix this?

This is how the mobile view switch works. It is done via JavaScript, so it needs to load the page and once it detects it’s in mobile, it redirects to the mobile view in the settings. The only way to avoid this would be to select the same default view both for mobile and desktop.

Let me know how that goes and if you have any questions.

Best,
    Victor

Hassan
    Participant

Hi Victor!

the code you send me worked fine for our website! Thanks!

The code snippet you shared is the one we have in place as a workaround for the moment. You mention that you see some progress with it, could you explain this? Does it work for you or do you still experience problems. Please let me know.

When the code snippet in my first post is applied the selected view in settings–>display works but you can not select any other view on mobile view. It works for a second and then returns to the setted settings.

Let me know if you need to know more about how the code snippet affects websites.

Thanks again and have a wonderful day!

Greetings,

Hassan

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Hassan!

Thanks for following up with this and for clearing that out.

After a few tests I could reproduce the behaviour you mention. It seems the code snippet might need an additional check to prevent further redirection once in mobile view.

I will reach out to the team and see if we can come up with a tweak for this workaround.

Please hang in there.

Thanks,
    Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Hassan!

Thank you for your patience.

Please try using the following snippet instead of the other. It might need some testing.

https://gist.github.com/barryhughes/b6d6adb3fa2008bd37312d145955b62e

Please let us know if it works for your site.

Thanks,
    Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Hassan!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 5 March 2018) is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-5-march-2018/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Mobile view can not be changed into otherview through views bar’ is closed to new replies.