Mobile Links Not Working

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Mobile Links Not Working

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Michelle Jensen
    Participant

Hey,

I created a little short cuts for my users. On desktop it works fine, however on mobile it comes up with “no results”. Please advise.

http://nerdoutapp.com/calendar-home/

Michelle Jensen
    Participant

I got it to work by setting it to the same view. However, it does not allow you to search by date, keyword, or location. Both on mobile and desktop. So if I’m in Los Angeles and want to search by Geeks Who Drink events it does not allow me. Please advise.

Michelle Jensen
    Participant

Oh, also the second page won’t appear. It says no events but I know for certain there are more since when I up the “Number of events to show per page” it shows a bunch more.

Cliff

Hi, Michelle.

Sorry to tell you this, but I visited that link and clicked on Los Angeles and it didn’t work on my Mac + Chrome desktop browser.

I noticed an error with Ajax in the consolehttps://cl.ly/3C1E0i023K1c
    (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Michelle Jensen
    Participant

I don’t know anything about Ajax. How do I fix it?

Michelle Jensen
    Participant

I’m on Mac and tried on Chrome. It’s working and I’m not seeing that error.

Michelle Jensen
    Participant

I’m seeing this error on my backend. Is this anything to do with it?

Notice: map_meta_cap was called incorrectly. The post type shop_order is not registered, so it may not be reliable to check the capability “edit_post” against a post of that type. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 4.4.0.) in /home/yourfri1/public_html/nerdoutapp.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4139

Michelle Jensen
    Participant

I found what this line is…

trigger_error( sprintf( __( ‘%1$s was called incorrectly. %2$s %3$s’ ), $function, $message, $version ) );

Cliff

Michelle, thanks for your efforts troubleshooting.

I tested your Los Angeles link again and it worked for me on my desktop browser and my iPhone 7 Plus Safari browser. There’s no longer an admin-ajax.php console error happening, so I think you’re good.

Please confirm if you think this issue is resolved at this time.

To your second issue: in our forums we keep our threads focused on just one issue at a time to ensure we fully answer each of your questions/issues. Please keep this in mind for the future and start a new thread for your additional questions from this thread. FYI: here’s a video of my testing (confirming the Prev/Next links not working at your page): https://cl.ly/0A2C3M18303C — you should probably include this video (or your own if experiencing something different) in your new support thread.

Thanks and let me know if your first issue actually is resolved now.

Michelle Jensen
    Participant

Sorry about that. Just so excited to get this up and running!

Issues still needing to be resolved….

1. It does not allow you to search by date, keyword, or location. Both on mobile and desktop. So if I’m in Los Angeles and want to search by Geeks Who Drink events it does not allow me.

2. As you saw, the second page won’t appear. It says no events but I know for certain there are more since when I up the “Number of events to show per page” it shows a bunch more.

Cliff

Again, focusing only on that first issue (please create a separate thread for your second issue)…

I tried to replicate this on my local testing site (although I had to add “/list” to my URL because my default view is Month): /events/list/?tribe-bar-geoloc-lat=34.0522342&tribe-bar-geoloc-lng=-118.2436849&tribe-bar-geoloc=los+angeles

Here’s a video of my testing with the latest versions of all our plugins (new updates from yesterday): https://cl.ly/070d0W3z1n46

I could not replicate this issue. Please test again after making sure you’re on the latest versions.

Michelle Jensen
    Participant

I have the newest plugins installed.

I think the issue stems from the fact that I’m going from my “calendar home” page to the calendar. However, I believe there still should be a way to get this to work since it works just fine if I’m just going to the general calendar. I have to have the calendar home page because when I tested it with users they didn’t understand they had to type in their location so I’m trying to simplify things for them.

(Calendar home)
    http://nerdoutapp.com/calendar-home/

(General calendar)
    http://nerdoutapp.com/calendar

Cliff

I don’t think clicking from /calendar-home would act any differently than my manually-entering the copied-pasted link into my browser address bar. I definitely understand the UX improvement here (why you’re trying to do this), and I’m sorry you’re experiencing this, but I cannot reproduce the issue. I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

Of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups before modifying anything on your site.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue and doing other things on your site relevant to this ticket (such as visiting your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and anything else you can think to do).

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode) in a Private Reply. That will give me a lot of extra information to help troubleshoot this.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Michelle Jensen
    Participant

This reply is private.

Michelle Jensen
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘Mobile Links Not Working’ is closed to new replies.