Maybe this was a mistake..

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Maybe this was a mistake..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    steph
    Participant

Hi guys,
    I just bought and installed the pro version, but i think i maybe should not..
    It looks like this:
    http://www.rookieraceline.com/events/

Is this because i don’t run the standard WP theme? and is there a way to fix this?
    Also, i may need a little help adding the calendar into my menues.
    Last question, i would like users to add events to the site, but i see this as an add on. Is this not included in the pro version i purchased?

Can i pay a fee for you to go through my site and set the basics up? i should be able to configure it once it dispays as it should on the front end.

Br
    Steph

Geoff B.

Good evening Steph and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Is this because i don’t run the standard WP theme? and is there a way to fix this?

I am not sure exactly what you would like to fix about the current view. Could you expand on that ?

In the meantime, I suggest you head over to Events -> Settings -> Display and try the different radio buttons at the top to see if that helps.

The great news is that you can customize each of these views to your liking.

Last question, i would like users to add events to the site, but i see this as an add on. Is this not included in the pro version i purchased?

That is a great question. The proper add-on to do that is Community Events: https://theeventscalendar.com/product/wordpress-community-events/

Pro is a separate plugin than Community Events (views, recurring events, etc..): https://theeventscalendar.com/product/wordpress-events-calendar-pro/

If you are interested in more than one of our add-ons, you might benefit from one of our bundles: https://theeventscalendar.com/bundles/

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

steph
    Participant

Hi Geoff
    Thanks for the reply!
    I had a developper take a look, and it looks a lot better, but still not quite right.
    Notice bellow the footer, it displays content that isn’t even published. So something is wrong there.

I have no idea how to code or customise templates, so i don’t feel too comfortable messing with that.

I just bought the two plug ins that i’ll need besides the current features (facebook events & community manager).
    My mistake – i thought that the pro version included all the plug ins.

So currently, i need to have the area around the footer fixed, and include the events navigation into the menus

Not sure if anything else needs to be set up propperly

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Steph,

Thank you for writing back.

Notice bellow the footer, it displays content that isn’t even published. So something is wrong there.

You are right. For some reason I did not see the footer when I first looked at your calendar.

There are 2 things I would like to suggest to help with that:

1. In Events -> Settings -> Display can you try a different setting for “Events Template”
    2. Could you please send me a copy of your WordPress theme / child theme in a .zip file link (via Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ?

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
      This way I will get access to any updates you might have made.

I have no idea how to code or customise templates, so i don’t feel too comfortable messing with that.

Now that I understand your question a bit better, I don’t think you will need to do that.

I just bought the two plug ins that i’ll need besides the current features (facebook events & community manager). My mistake – i thought that the pro version included all the plug ins.

That’s a fair point. Thank you for bringing this to our attention as it helps us clarify how we present and name our plugins.

So currently, i need to have the area around the footer fixed, and include the events navigation into the menus

To include events navigation in the menu, you need to:

1. Go to Appearance > Menu
    2. Add a custom link from the options located on the left of that page
    3. Ensure the custom link’s URL is http://www.rookieraceline.com/events/

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

steph
    Participant

Hi
    I don’t know how to send you a copy of my theme. The site is not in use yet though so you can test on it if you want?
    Should I post ftp and admin info here?

Did i understand it right that the events I post and events that users post don’t end up on the same calendar?

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Steph,

Typically people send us a copy of the theme by:

1. Downloading the theme from their website (FTP or file manager). The theme is located in /public_html/wp-content/themes/ typically.
    2. Compressing the folder containing the theme’s files to a .zip file
    3. Uploading the said .zip file to their Dropbox, Google Drive or Cloudup account
    4. Sending us a link to the uploaded file

If you prefer, I could take a look at your site directly if it’s not live.
    Just make sure that any credentials you provide are in a private reply.

Did i understand it right that the events I post and events that users post don’t end up on the same calendar?

Actually, that is not accurate. Both end up on the same calendar.

The main difference is that you have control over the users posts – via Events -> Settings -> Community.
    For example, some webmaster prefer to approve the events posted by users before they are published.

If you need to, it’s always possible to filter the calendar by category built-in. Additionally, our Filter Bar add-on provides even more filtering capabilities: https://theeventscalendar.com/product/wordpress-events-filterbar/

Best regards,

Geoff B.

steph
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Steph,

Thank you for the credentials.

However, this will not allow me to download the theme files. You would have to use either FTP access or the File manager from your cPanel to be able to download your theme.

That being said, I am pretty certain that the issue comes from your theme’s way of handling archive pages.

There is a simple CSS fix that you could use that would provide you with a quick workaround.

In the user CSS of the Cherry Framework, try the following:

.tribe-events-page-template .sidebar-main {display:none;}

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

steph
    Participant

Hi Geoff,
    I sent you the FTP info, because i tried it, and it didn’t seem to help. Maybe i’m doing it wrong though, so you’re welcome to give it a try.

One last thing before i stop being that annoying custommer.
    Do you have a developper/coder who can do a little customisation for me? Basically, i need to hide/disable some of the form fields for creating events in the front end, and also add timezone support in the front end, similar to the backend.

Geoff B.

Good evening Steph,

Thank you for the credentials (that I deleted again for security reasons).

I went ahead and added the CSS rules I recommended in the user CSS of the Cherry Frameworkon your install and they seem to work great.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

steph
    Participant

Hi Geoff
    Thanks for this.

I’m still not too hapy about The Events Calendar
    I was hopping for a smoother intergration to my site, even though it uses an other theme (does any wp blog use the standard theme, with no modifications??)

I still see content bellow the footer on some of the pages, for example:
    http://www.rookieraceline.com/events/community/add

Also, could you direct me to a programmer that could deactivate/hide some of the form fields for filling out events, and adding timezone support on the front end?

steph
    Participant

I’ve talked with a programmer who can comment out the features that i want to hide, so they can be activated if needed.
    But he says that the changes won’t hold, if there is an update to the plug in. Do you have any suggestions to hide un needed field, and add timezone support to the community events?

Geoff B.

Good evening Steph,

Thank you for writing back.

I’m still not too hapy about The Events Calendar
    I was hopping for a smoother intergration to my site, even though it uses an other theme (does any wp blog use the standard theme, with no modifications??)

Thank you for sharing this. I am sorry to hear that the Events Calendar failed to meet your expectations on your site.
    I totally understand where you are coming from.

You’ll be glad to know that we do try to make our plugins work as nicely as possible with all themes that follow WordPress best practices.

That being said, with the sheer amount of themes out there, sometimes integration is not as smooth as we would like it to be.

As a side technical note, our plugin tends to use the archive.php template of WordPress when there is one.
    Depending on how the archive pages are handled in some themes, this means that sometimes a few tweaks are unfortunately in order so that things work nicely together.

But I do have some good news that might help with the integration to your theme while providing you more flexibility.

In the upcoming 4.3 release (in a few weeks), we are going to provide full calendar shortcodes for the Events Calendar Pro owners.

This means that you will be able to simply paste a shortcode in a regular page which should take care of any undesired layout issues.

I still see content bellow the footer on some of the pages, for example:
    http://www.rookieraceline.com/events/community/add

Sorry about that oversight. It should be fixed.

Also, could you direct me to a programmer that could deactivate/hide some of the form fields for filling out events, and adding timezone support on the front end?

Absolutely. You can hire one of our recommended customizers to do the customizations for you.

In regards to removing form fields to fill out your events, you could simply do a template customization.
    You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

The other option is to mask the unwanted fields via CSS.

Finally, you can control which fields are mandatory via the following snippet: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/required-fields-for-events-submission-form/

But he says that the changes won’t hold, if there is an update to the plug in.

Actually, we have built our plugin with customization in mind. The changes will hold as long as he follows the guidelines established in the themer’s guide.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Maybe this was a mistake..’ is closed to new replies.