Map not displayed properly

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Map not displayed properly

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    cobea
    Participant

Hi,
    I have The Event Calendar Pro (4.4.19 with The Event Calendar 4.6.8), and when I choose the map view in the Filter bars’ drop down list, the map appears on top of page instead of between the filter bar and the events list as it should.

Anyone has already had this issue ?

Thanks for helping me.

cobea
    Participant

I am using the shortcodes [tribe_events] for displaying purposes.
    Here’s the issue (with no other plugin except TEC & TEC Pro) : https://upfestival-be.catastrophe.staging.wpengine.com/?tribe_event_display=map

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Let me help you with this topic.

By default, the map view displays the map before the tribe bar as you can see in our demo site > https://wpshindig.com/events/map/

You can modify where the map gets displayed by customizing the templates. We have a great article that explains how you can do that here > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Best,
    Victor

cobea
    Participant

Hi Victor,
    thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately in my case the map is not displayed just before the filter bar but at the top of the post content, leaving some other html tags in between (as you can see on the link I shared).

Moreover when I try to move the map in the template as you suggested, it makes a PHP error, like if I do that :

tribe_get_template_part( 'modules/bar' );
    tribe_get_template_part( 'pro/map/gmap-container' );
    tribe_get_template_part( 'pro/map/content' );

It bugs.

What can I do ?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by cobea.
    Victor
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thanks for following up with this.

I’m sorry that’s not working for you. Could you please let me know about the error you are getting?

I tried making a template override of the map.php template file and then change the code to look like yours and it works as expected without errors.

This can be related to a theme or plugin conflict, so to narrow the problem down please go through the steps provided in the testing for conflicts guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/ and let us know what you find in the process.

Also, could you please share with us your system information by following this guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/ ? We’ll see if there is anything strange that would indicate an error from there.

Thanks,
    Victor

cobea
    Participant

Hi, thanks for your answer but as I wrote I am displaying the map view with the [tribeg_events view=”map”] shortcode and unfortunately when using the shortcode, the template override does not work.

I could find why in the Tribe__Events__Pro__Shortcodes__Tribe_Events class :

public function prepare_map() {
    if ( ! class_exists( ‘Tribe__Events__Pro__Templates__Map’ ) ) {
    return;
    }

$this->view_handler = new Tribe__Events__Pro__Shortcodes__Tribe_Events__Map( $this );

}

You can see that the call for the template part
    is made first and so it does not allowed override.

So now I really need a solution to override this and to display the map between the filter bar and the events list.

THanks.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Leah.
    cobea
    Participant

Hi, thanks for your answer but as I wrote I am displaying the map view with the [tribe_events view=”map”] shortcode and unfortunately when using the shortcode, the template override does not work.

`public function prepare_map() {
    return;
    }

$this->view_handler = new Tribe__Events__Pro__Shortcodes__Tribe_Events__Map( $this );

}`

So now I really need a solution to override this and to display the map between the filter bar and the events list.

THanks.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Leah.
    cobea
    Participant

Hi, thanks for your answer but as I wrote I am displaying the map view with the [tribe_events view=”map”] shortcode and unfortunately when using the shortcode, the template override does not work.

`public function prepare_map() {
    return;
    }

}`

THanks.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Christophe!

Thanks for clearing that out, and sorry for the confusion.

Like you say, the tribe_events shortcode does not use the same templating system as the default views and instead omits the wrapper templates.

You will need a different approach to achieve what you are looking for. Please note that we are limited in how much support we can give for custom development questions like this.

That said, we always like helping, so I will reach out to the team and see if we can come up with a snippet to achieve that and at least point you in the right direction as best we can.

Please hang in there.

Thanks,
    Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Christophe!

Thanks for your patience.

The presence of the search bar in the tribe_events shortcode is controlled with the tribe-bar attribute so you can turn it off like this:

[tribe_events view="map" tribe-bar="false"]

You could add the tribe bar back in selectively using the tribe_events_after_header action hook. The tribe_is_map() helper function might be of help for that.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Best,
    Victor

cobea
    Participant

Hi Victor,
    thank you for the tip, but the really wird thing though is that the map is not displayed directly before the bar in the HTML structure, but at the top of the page. It is like it is off the flux and thus takes the full screen width.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Christophe!

That’s indeed strange. I’m mostly sure that is a conflict with your theme, or perhaps with another plugin.

I know you have tried the following:

• Deactivated all other plugins? Yes
    • Switched to a default theme? Yes

Did you happen to notice a difference when deactivating all other plugins or switching to a default WordPress theme, like Twenty Seventeen? What happens if you try deactivating all plugins and switching to the Twenty Seventeen theme together? Do you notice a difference then?

If you find a conflict with your theme, then please send us a copy of it in a private reply and we’ll run some tests with it to see if we can spot the problem.

Additionally, please share with us your system information.

Thanks,
    Victor

cobea
    Participant

Hi Victor,
    thanks for answering.

It took me too long to solve this so, I finally decided not to use the shortcodes.

Anyways, it would be great to have a propre override possibility also on the shortcode template views.

Bye.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Christophe,

I’m sorry this has taken so long for you to solve.

Reviewing this, I realized that we could investigate the theme conflict that is mostly sure the reason of the tribe bar showing up at the top of the content.

Since you marked this resolved, I’ll go ahead and close this thread. But feel free to open a new topic if you want us to take a deeper look at the conflict and see if we can find a solution for it.

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Map not displayed properly’ is closed to new replies.