Making Tickets not possible. Only RSVP is showing

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Making Tickets not possible. Only RSVP is showing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Robert
    Participant

Hi,
    I recently upgraded to event calender pro, event ticket plus and community events.

I try to add tickets to my events according to the knowledgebase(https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/making-tickets/) but only RSVP shows up in the tickets meta-box

What is wrong?

btw I am using evolve+ theme by theme4press
    cheers
    Robert

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Robert,

I’m sorry to hear you’re not able to make tickets! Could you please send me a screenshot of what you see in the ticket section of the event edit page?

Are you able to create paid tickets on the backend but not see them on the front end, or are you not able to create them at all? If you haven’t done so already, it would also be a good idea to try testing for conflicts with your theme and other plugins. The free WP Staging plugin will let you create a quick copy of your live site that you can use for testing (in case you don’t already have a testing environment).

Thanks,

Jennifer

Robert
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,
    thanks for your reply.
    I cannot create tickets at all. only RSVP. here is my screenshot. Its quite the same like with only “events tickets” plugin (without “plus”). Though I can do additional fields for attendees.

We are using theme evolve and redux framework. Are there any known compatibility issues?
    I tried wptheme twentyseven with no luck either.
    Also I switched off most of the other plugins.

Please help!

yours
    Robert

Robert
    Participant

Also I cannot add a price to my events …

Robert
    Participant

I updated all mt-plugins to version 4.6.1.
    -deactivated all other plugins one by one…
    the “New ticket” button still won’t show up!

We need to sell ticktets !
    Please HELP!!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Robert,

I’m sorry for the delayed response, our forums have been a bit busier than usual lately! Can you check under Events > Settings > Tickets and make sure that “Event” is checked next to the “Post types that can have tickets” setting? The tickets option will only show up on post types that are enabled there, so if “Event” was unchecked somehow, that would prevent the + New Ticket button from showing up on the event edit screen.

I’m not aware of any conflicts with your theme specifically, but it sounds like you did try switching to a default theme and deactivating all non-events plugins (at the same time) and still did not have the option to add a ticket?

The cost field is actually removed by default when our ticketing plugins are active, but you can reenable it if you would like! This article has some more information (and a free extension you can download) to help you do that.

Let me know if enabling tickets on events gets you the ticket button back!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Robert
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,
    thanks for your reply.
    But no. It would be easy if it was like that. The event option (Veranstaltung) is checked. Please see the shared images. -I even tried turning it off an on again 😉 –
    And yes I’ve deactivated all other the plugins one by one. but still no “new ticket” button.
    I changed to theme twentyseventeen. but no effect.

There also seems to be a bug in the sale-date validator. When I create new RSVPs the Start-Sale validator prevents from submitting the ticket. I’ ve created a new thread for this.
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/cannot-save-rsvp-date-issue/

While seeking for a solution in the forum, I found many users complaining about the same issues. This seems to be a major problem!

We would love to use The Events Calendar
    Please make it work properly!

Thank you,
    Robert

Robert
    Participant

Hello Jennifer,
    again I updated to the recent version of eventsTicket+ wich no luck.

In addition, I tested on a completely different private/web project: Theme twentyseventeen, all plugins deactivated, -apart from the eventscalendar and tickets+ of course-. Still the button “+ New tickets” does not show up.

Do you have further ideas?

thanks
    Robert

P.S. RSVP does work when the sale-end-date field is omitted.

Robert
    Participant

Hey guys,
    I am running a bit out of time here.
    Are you working on this issue or do you have any further ideas or information?

thanks
    Robert

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Robert,

I’m sorry about the delay – <span style=”font-size: 0.875rem;”>Can you make sure that you are running 4.6.1.1 for </span><em style=”font-size: 0.875rem;”>both<span style=”font-size: 0.875rem;”> Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus? I know you mentioned updating Event Tickets Plus, but running an older version of one but not the other could cause this problem, as we made major changes to the ticket interface with recent updates. One other thing that you can check is that you have either </span>WooCommerce<span style=”font-size: 0.875rem;”> or </span>Easy Digital Downloads<span style=”font-size: 0.875rem;”> enabled. It doesn’t look like you currently have either of these activated, but Event Tickets Plus does require one of them to be able to create tickets. </span>

Please let me know if that gets it working!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Robert
    Participant

Hey Jennifer,
    thanks for your hint. Installing easy digital downloads did the trick.
    I wasn’t aware that this was mandatory. I considered it only as an option.
    Perhaps it could be helpful, to state this more clearly on your product-page.
    “…works only with additional ecommerce-plugin (i.e. edd, woo)…”

Thank you for your help!

Happy holiday season
    Robert

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Robert,

I’m so glad that fixed it for you, and I’m sorry it wasn’t clear from the product page! If you haven’t done so already, I would recommend taking a look at the following articles, which have some information that should be helpful in getting up and running with Event Tickets Plus:

New User Primer: Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus

Settings Overview: Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus

Managing Your Orders and Attendees

Moving Tickets

I hope that helps! If you run into any other issues or need assistance with getting set up, please don’t hesitate to open up a new thread.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Robert
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,
    thanks a lot for your support and further links.
    There is one more thing, I don’t seem to find though:

When the tickets are sent via E-Mail we have to give additional information to our attendees.
    Is there a way to configure an optional, custom field which is sent within the ticket-mail?

thanks again,
    Robert

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Robert,

This would require a customization, but I think the easiest way to do this would be to create a custom field on the event and then include that field in the ticket email (example of how to do this here). If you want to hide that field from the event page on the front end, you could do this either with CSS or with a PHP customization (if you go with PHP, I would recommend taking a look at the additional-fields.php template as a starting point, which you can find at wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/views/pro/modules/meta).

We are a bit limited in the amount of support that we can provide for customizations, but I hope this helps get you started! If you get stuck with the code or have any questions, please let me know, and I’ll be happy to point you in the right direction.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Robert
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,
    thank you for the support on that topic. I managed to solve this task by using another description field provided by “edd” so all additional information we need now can be displayed when tickets are purchased.
    So this is resolved.

Just one more thing, considering the eventscalendar-PRO widget style.
    -Please let me know, whether I should post this in another thread.-

I try to style the advance list widget:
    I created a file here wp-content/themes/YOUR_THEME/tribe-events/pro/widget-calendar.css
    According to you documentation: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/styling-events-widgets/
    you can change the color of the widget title like this:

/** Change the widget title colour and size */
    .tribe-events-adv-list-widget h2.widget-title {
    	color: purple;
    	font-size: 30px;
    }

But this doesn’t work at all. I figured out that the following css works for the title-font-size but not for the color:

.tribe-events-adv-list-widget h2.tribe-events-title a{
    	color: black;
    	font-size: 12px;

}

But how can I change the color of the CSS title?

Thanks and sorry if this is in the wrong thread…
    Robert

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Making Tickets not possible. Only RSVP is showing’ is closed to new replies.