Making Tickets not possible. Only RSVP is showing

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Making Tickets not possible. Only RSVP is showing

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Robert,

No worries, you do not need to create a new thread : ) I’m glad you were able to find a solution to your original question!

I tested out the CSS from the article on my end, and I was able to get it working by adding “!important” (see screenshot). Can you give this a shot and see if it works for you as well? If not, can you please send me a link to the page you have the widget on? I’ll be happy to take a look and see what I can recommend!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Robert
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,
    thanks again for your kind help. “!important” helped a lot.

Two other things:
    1. we need a custom sidebar but I cannot configure it to the events calendar site. Even the default sidebar does not show up. The space remains blank. We are using the standard page template (not 100% width and not standard event template wich is also 100% width)
    Any ideas?

2. We relaunched our website successfully today (we staged from the subdomain relaunch.gitarrehamburg.de to gitarrehamburg.de) but our licenses now seem broken. We still use the plugin only on ONE Site. I could not seem to fix this issue on your license-manager-page:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/license-keys/
    Can you please help?

Thanks
    Robert

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Robert,

I’m glad the !important helped!

To add the sidebar to your events pages there are a few ways you could go about this. It sounds like you have already tried adjusting the page template for events under Events > Settings > Display, but this did not make a difference? You can also use the get_sidebar() function to add this to the events templates (our themer’s guide has instructions on customizing templates).

To move the license keys to your new site, you’ll want to delete them on the old site and disconnect them, then add them in to your new site. We have some additional instructions on how to do that here.

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Robert
    Participant

Hey Jennifer,
    License are moved successfully. Thank you!

But the sidebar still doesn’t show.
    I’ve adjusted Events > Settings > Display-> to the default events template.
    Copied your “default-template.php” from “/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/”
    to “themes/evolve-plus/tribe-events/default-template.php”
    and tried to add my sidebar, before the footer is loaded. Just like this:

<?php
    get_sidebar("sidebar-1");
    get_footer();
    ?>

But nothing happens, where am I mistaken?

Thank you
    Robert

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Robert,

I’m glad you were able to get the license moved!

I tested out using get_sidebar in my default-template.php file, and it was bringing in the sidebar as long as “Default Events Template” was selected under Events > Settings > Display.

I would recommend double-checking that “sidebar-1” is the correct name…you can try just get_sidebar() and see if the default sidebar shows up. If so, there is probably an issue with the sidebar name. Looking through your theme files to see how they’re calling the sidebar might be a good place to start. I’d also recommend clearing out any caching you may have on your site, such as through your server or a plugin. This way you can be sure that you are seeing the most recent version of the page.

I’m not sure what else to recommend for the sidebar, as this is beyond the scope of support that we typically provide here in the forums. If you have any other questions on getting up and running with our plugins, please let me know!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Making Tickets not possible. Only RSVP is showing’ is closed to new replies.