Lost Eventbrite Connection

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Lost Eventbrite Connection

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Richard
    Participant

We had a dozen or so events entered from our site and posted to Eventbrite. Now, the connection is lost and we’re being asked if we want to registered our events with Eventbrite (which causes duplicate events).

Richard
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Hi, Richard. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

Please confirm if this would be the correct way to try to replicate this:

1. Import an event from Eventbrite
    2. Disconnect from Eventbrite (manually or after some time period)
    3. All previously-imported events are no longer detecting the Eventbrite connection even though it was there previously.

Please also describe how your Eventbrite connection was lost or reset.

Finally, could you please provide the full postmeta information from your database for this event (screenshot or CSV is fine)?

Richard
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Richard, there are others reporting Eventbrite Tickets not displaying at all either. Is this really the only issue after you reconnect to Eventbrite’s API?

Richard
    Participant

The API was never disconnected. The connection was only lost on each of our events.

Cliff

Richard, I tried to replicate this issue but could not. Here’s a video of my testing in case it might help in some way: https://cl.ly/0I040K3D0R29

Since this isn’t currently a known issue, I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

Of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups before modifying anything on your site.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue and doing other things on your site relevant to this ticket (such as visiting your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and anything else you can think to do).

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode) in a Private Reply. That will give me a lot of extra information to help troubleshoot this.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Richard
    Participant

We’re in the midst of updating all plug-ins and can run through this.

In the meantime, what is the procedure for relinking an existing event on our site with existing tickets on EventBrite?

Cliff

I don’t think we have one… I’m not sure we’ve had this happen before.

If, after doing all your updates and deactivating all non-Modern Tribe plugins and switching to a default WordPress theme, neither “Yes” or “No” radio button is selected, then please provide a screenshot or export of the postmeta for one of your Eventbrite events this is happening for.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Lost Eventbrite Connection’ is closed to new replies.